Would it be possible? Sure. But that'd be a lot of work to essentially end up right back where you started. Having the game on Steam makes it easier for people to invite friends, keep the game updated, etc.
The forums could be linked within the game itself. Maybe it already is? I haven't had a chance to check out the PTB yet. The support site is linked in-game now, I know that much.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It is already complicated enough through sony and microsoft, so trying to separate
from Steam would be even harder.
Would it be possible? Sure. But that'd be a lot of work to essentially end up right back where you started. Having the game on Steam makes it easier for people to invite friends, keep the game updated, etc.
The forums could be linked within the game itself. Maybe it already is? I haven't had a chance to check out the PTB yet. The support site is linked in-game now, I know that much.