One un-injured surv, hatch closed- usually the smartest play is to NOT attack them
Why is this? Its very simple.
Let's say you've closed the hatch, and found the survivor. He's done part of a gate, but not anywhere close to a 99%. You've ignored him all game because he is a flashlight god looper/jungle gym master.
If you attack him, there is a chance he uses the speed boost to lose you (or 360 around you and head off in a different direction). If that happens, there is a further chance, however small, that he can mindgame you and finish a gate if they are far enough apart.
Best play? Find him, and just stay a few feet behind him (enough to avoid a 360). If he goes into a jungle gym, just soft patrol lines of sight so you always see him. Eventually, the EGC runs out, and you avoid the risk I noted above.
With Wraith, this is especially hilarious. I'll chase for awhile, they'll loop while I'm stealthed, and then it dawns on them that I will never try to attack. The salt in chat afterward is glorious.
Comments