Operation Health - A ton of stuff that needs to be fixed and reworked.

This is appeal to the devs to please commit more time to work on the overall health of the game instead of focusing on new content to add to the pile of bugs and balance issues we have now. Make no mistake, this anniversary update was embarrassing; the fact that a simple offering was launched so broken and wasn't immediately fixed was embarrassing. The game has been in a sorry state what with all of the sound bugs and other random bugs that constantly pop up with every new patch. Optimizing the code would even let it run better on consoles, those poor bastards. If you do an overall pass on the code maybe you guys wouldn't have to spend so much time playing wack-a-mole. Myself and much of the community would be willing to skip a chapter release if it meant the game would permanently be in an overall better spot.

Another thing that should be looked at is perks and add-ons (specifically killers). The amount of completely useless, outdated, and garbage perks and killer add-ons in this game is outstanding. Let me ask you something: If a DLC you have released has garbage killer perks, garbage survivor perks, and a garbage killer, what are the chances that a new player is going to buy that DLC and subsequently buy cosmetics for those characters, hm? Why would you not make sure that your purchasable content is of good value? Now, I know that we are about to get the Bubba rework, and that's a good start, but the amount of work that needs to be done overall is simply MASSIVE, and warrants kidnapping the people that work on new chapters to do reworks for a short time instead. ( Sometimes... if I want to laugh and cry at the same time, I think about the fact that it took 4 years for trapper to be able to reset his traps on the ground ಥ‿ಥ )

Doing an overall pass on perks and buffing the majority of them or completely reworking them would reduce the perceived grind as well. The amount of garbage perks that literally poison my bloodwebs is astounding. If there were more perks that even MODERATELY as useful as the meta perks, this would be less of an issue. Fortunately, I've played for a long time, so I already have most of the perks that I want on my characters, but newer players don't have this luxury. They have to deal with the grind that grows bigger and more daunting with each and every chapter release. I'm also not a fan of the recent perks that read like a novel and are a watered down combination of two old perks that only activate during a lunar eclipse and if you say the magic words and sacrifice a goat, you may be able to use this mediocre power that sort of helps but has a 30 second cooldown and and --- just stop. STOP. IT. This reeks of lack of creativity. The community could do better and always has some really great ideas for completely new mechanics that perks could introduce. Hell, here's an idea; activate-able killer perks. If in a chase, press E, use Beast of Prey. Wow that's already so much better!

Concerning add-ons, I seriously think we need to get away from the ones that significantly buff a killer power. Many times, these addons actually 'fix' a character (Ghostface and his recovery addons, Demo and rat liver) and make them playable, or sometimes they just outright make them OP (Instasaw Billy, Iri Huntress). Get rid of these addons and just buff the character so I don't have to keep dumping points into someone just to make them playable. Addons should be transformative or provide alternate effects or cause a complete alteration of a playstyle. Myers and Doctor are both very good examples of this. If you decide to take a particular addon or combination of addons, you need to formulate a special perk build and adjust your playstyle for it to work effectively, and this is always very interesting to play with.

Also get rid of vague-ass perk descriptions. People have a right to know exactly how much their power is being affected especially in a broke-AF system like this one where sometimes brown and green addons are the best ones. Its f*cking deceptive is what it is. And don't use the excuse that you have to rewrite a bunch of code whenever you decide to update a variable. All you have to do is make it reference the variable in the description so it automatically updates with the true value.

I have a bunch more ######### to complain about, but I suppose I'll end it here. Reminder that I criticize heavily because I like this game and want it to be better and not frustrate all of my friends who don't want to play it anymore because of issues like these.

Comments