Are the sound issues intentional?

I would simply like to know if it is intentional that the chase music is not only louder than survivor audio cues, but actually mutes them. This has been a bug in the game since before Oni's release, but one of the loading screen messages made me wonder otherwise. I understand that the loud music is to make it harder for killers to hear survivors, but is it supposed to soften all survivor audio at the same time, thereby muting footsteps and leaving scratchmarks and blood the only tracking tools, one of which is designed to be terrible and the other only comes into play when a survivor is injured and not walking through grass?

And, on a similar note, I am curious as to whether it is intended that survivors can hear killers footsteps with near-perfect accuracy.

Comments

  • Chase music being louder than survivor is usually normal. Survivors not making sounds on the ground or when injured, or even breathing, is a bug.

  • Sound bugs continue to exist for killer in case the colorblind users actually want to be able to play the role. We wouldn't want that, would we?