Hex: Huntress Lullaby - A small change that could go a long way
Over the past couple months since this new rift I have been playing as and against a lot more Huntress'(s). Due to the recent challenges that require you to use her base perks I have also played with and against Huntress Lullaby a LOT more than usual, and it made me realize the very obvious problem with an already weak Hex perk that I'm surprised I hadn't noticed earlier. As a survivor I go and touch a generator that has Ruin, and I am notified of it's existence when it's effect first comes in to play i.e - when I let go of the gen, with Devour Hope the survivor is notified when the main threat of the perk becomes active, at three stacks. So why is it that Huntress Lullaby gives a notification the second you get a skill check despite the fact that it's doing nothing to alter gameplay yet? You would think it would just let the survivor know when touching a gen after at least 1 stack has been acquired (after getting one hook). So that's my proposed change, it would be very simple to implement and I can guarantee others have thought of already. Also I think they should reduce the max amount of stacks to 4 instead of 5, this way you can reach no skill check warning much faster increasing the chance that it affects gameplay before it is cleansed, but that's just an idea. If you have any of your own thoughts on this I'd love to hear them, thanks.
EDIT: I am aware of the increased regression when missing a skill check, but I still think you shouldn't be notified until the meat of the perk is in effect, similar to how Devour Hope doesn't notify the survivor about the haste you gain after hooking someone.
TL;DR: Huntress Lullaby should notify the survivor of it's existence after at least 1 stack has been gained, the maximum amount of stacks could also be reduced to 4 instead of 5.
Comments
Huntress Lullaby does have an effect at 0 stacks. It adds an extra regression penalty from failed skill checks.
The problem I have with this perk is that it's not high enough reward for what it gives you.
Let's compare it to Devour Hope, a very good hex perk that's high risk high reward. The power spikes of Devour Hope are at 3 stacks, where it exposes survivors, then at 5 stacks, where it allows you to mori survivors. Lullaby, however, spikes pretty much at 5 stacks where it gives no skill check notification. However experienced survivors can hit skill checks no problem without the notification. So not only does Devour have a more powerful effect, its power spike is sooner (at 3 stacks), and it notifies the survivors later (after a survivor already gets downed).
It still shouldn't show up when you succeed a skill check though.
I know the way I worded it implied I didn't know that, and I honestly forgot to address the regression penalty in my post, sorry for the confusion.
While a nice change indeed, it would still be a terrible perk. It needs more.
This, It shouldn't show up until you FAIL a skillcheck, or a survivor you're working on a gen with does.
This would make it easy to find on lower ranks since they fail skillchecks all the time, but harder in higher ranks since those guys are good at nailing them. I believe it shouldn't inform them at all at any token, since that becomes very obvious at 3 tokens, and the only real harm it does is the 6% more damage for a failed skillcheck. Once survivors realize its shortening the audio prompt time before the skillcheck appears, this only causes survivors to pay more attention to their screens, because if they don't they'll fail a skillcheck anyway, so Having it inform them of its existence only after they Fail a skillcheck just makes more sense overall.
Currently, the notification comes up when a survivor gets a skillcheck, whether they succeed it or not, and that makes it one of the easiest Hex perks to discover. Due to it's token building nature, this pretty much means that survivors will go looking for and cleanse it before it even gets a chance to build gain a token or two, which in essence defeats the purpose of even bringing it into a match in the first place.
Not to steal your thunder OP, but I feel this is a better alternative than having it inform them at 1 token. What do you guys think?
Then you should be notified when you miss a skill check.