The Hag
Has anyone thought about hag buffs?
I really wanna know what others have thought on hag buffs I think she really needs it
Has anyone thought about hag buffs?
I really wanna know what others have thought on hag buffs I think she really needs it
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
"Gee I wonder why that is."
DLC killers are less played. Obviously the licensed ones are more popular - so it lets us with two killers, Doctor and Hag. The second one being really hard to learn and to master, yeah. That's why.
"Still better results than hag has."
Well, of course. So far I've seen like 2-3 Hag in their experiments, and they were ALL trash. While most of their games they face Nurse.
"Ah, right. Players that consistently get results with a variety of killers and play everyday aren't good enough. k"
You aren't good enough with Hag. That's a fact. Nothing wrong with that, I'm bad with several killers as well. Don't feel entitled because you're good with Hillbilly, Hag has a unique playstyle. There are a ton of great killer mains streamers, yet so far I've only seen ONE who is good with her (Diatech). Every others are trash with her, even if they are great at other killers.
Okay, this time you're talking with some sense.
True, any killer can perform well in high ranks. Any of them. But at one point, some of them are being countered by the most easy tactics to achieve - semi-infinites and pallet looping. I don't think a killer should be reviewed on this fact alone (otherwise Hag would be #1 with Nurse, which she is not), however, it's the most effective strategy at high ranks since a casual killer can't counter it by skills. It's the reason why some killers like Wraith are considered bottom tier - because they can't do anything about that, except giving up the chase.
Hag has not this issue. She can punish every pallet loop / infinite, prevent pallets and windows, have an insane pressure on the map (thanks to her traps, she can chase back and forth) and is also a better ambush killer than Myers.
SpaceCoconut is currently making some kind of "tutorial" video about the Hag. Croquedead, Michi, me, and Spectrobyss, among others, sent him snippets of our gameplays to show the different tactics available. There will be commentary about what these traps do, and how to use them effectively. Hopefully, that will help a lot of people to get the basics. Everything else comes with experience and knowledge of survivors behaviours, that's why she takes months to learn. Prediction doesn't come with one lesson unfortunately, only with practice. I still consider that I have a lot to learn
If the survivor was out of the lunge, it's either that the Hag was too greedy for an insta hit (you need to build up your speed before, for ~1 second at least) or the trap wasn't perfect and the survivor wasn't pulled away enough from whatever you want to counter.
Survivors mistakes are either at mindgames (but sometimes their time window to react is pretty short...) or because they are too greedy to use Fractured Cowshed infinite, for example. During chases, a well-prepared Hag has less counters than Nurse (but unlike Nurse, she suffers a lot from genrushing, so you have to not make mistake either on your side).
Take this as a first example. Perfect trap spot that has no counter during a chase. Mira Bear tries here to loop like her whole team did the entire game, but this trap pulls her away from the loop, enough for me to catch up and gets a free hit. Only way to counter these kind of traps is to trigger them outside of her teleport distance or pray she is too slow to react.
Honestly, if survivors get nerfed she'll be fine.
1. Increase her trap setting speed
2. Increase her trap teleportation range if not remove this limit completely
3. Traps no longer trigger while carrying a survivor.
Lots of examples have been thrown.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMspG5QwGrs&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnefmgqNvxA
https://youtu.be/j23Qu9YG6-E?t=72
Proper trap placement are actually VERY hard to counter.
And it will be even worse with the vacuum removal.
A window is pretty much insta-hit.
You have a few examples in a row. Not a single surv could use that window without getting hit.
I have nothing to prove anyway, I don't even plan to try to convince anyone, I'm just trying to point out things. If people do not "believe so", it's fine. Worst case scenario, she will get ignored/eventually buffed, which is fine to me
Shrugs