Proposed Franklin's Demise changes - it's hard counters and shortcomings
Franklin’s Demise
Your vicious attacks make the Survivors drop their item on impact.
The lost item will be consumed by the Entity after 120/100/90 seconds if it is not picked up before the timer runs out.
Reveal the aura of items on the ground within 32/32/32 meters in a white aura. The aura of items fade to red until they are consumed by the Entity.
One effective counter to Franklin's that currently exists is to simply drop the item during a chase in an area where the ground is more open so the item will be visible. With the new changes, this counter will be even more effective, because it will negate the countdown to the entity consuming it altogether. Granted, the item will be harder to find when they return, but at least they know it will be there regardless of what happens.
Another potential issue I see is other survivors picking up an item they see the aura of, knowing the killer is using Franklin's, then setting it down to remove the effect of Franklin's. There's also the problem of other survivors simply stealing the item, assuming all survivors will be able to see the aura of the item dropped. The auras being visible to everyone will facilitate that.
Potential fixes:
- Create an animation for setting items down that takes a second or two so that Franklin's can't be avoided by simply dropping an item.
- Make it so that the effects of Franklin's are applied to any item that ends up on the ground when within the killer's terror radius, or maybe just within a chase(?).
- Make the consumption countdown universal in any match, and apply it to any exposed uncarried item, when the killer has Franklin's equipped; make the auras of all items visible to all survivors.
- Make the aura of the item only visible to the person who dropped it.
- Don't make the countdown start over each time the item is dropped - this might be too much.
Comments
I'm assuming the aura is only for the killer and only to tell if the item is about to despawn.
Ah, I didn't consider that. I guess I am assuming quite a bit, considering we haven't seen anything in action yet. If that is the case, though, I wonder if we will have any Bubbas camping items like keys.
better then face camping the person
lol, I suppose so. I was joking mostly, considering Leatherface's backstory and all.
So, does it actually despawn, or only the charges are used up?
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/167809
No charges used for dropping the item or lost while its on the ground, but if the timer goes down all the way the item is gone is my guess