I don't think billy is actually being "nerfed"
I think they are only adding the overheat so they can add more interesting addons and different playstyles to billy as far as I saw you only overheat when holding revs for long times or sprinting around the map at mach 10 for extensive periods of time but in return you get a ton of new addons and playstyles to enjoy, probably a few addons will still help with playing old billy as well which should make it an absolute win.
Comments
New addons to deal with his new problems, that the DEVs added...
How is the playstyle different? Limited chainsaw runs? Where's the enjoyment in that?
The only thing that looked, sort of promising is his Ultra Rare, but in all honestly. Insta Chainsaw is still better. Especially since the Ultra Rare has speed limiter attached.
But thats the thing its a new playstyle to play as billy just like how nurse using both cooldown addons is essentially no addon nurse og players can still play og billy but everyone else has dozens of new ways to play billy
The DEVs shouldn't make unnecessary changes. Simple as that.
I can get behind the LF one, but Billy makes no sense.
But it is neccessary changes, adding more to the power opens up more design space they were going to change his addons eventually and changing his power opens up new areas to add to it who knows maybe one of the addons will have overheat scale with speed to be extra zoom but that design space can only be opened by adding new aspects to something simple.
Like Nurse?
Nurse did just need a nerf it was to the point where any smuck could just throw on an extra blink or two and dominate at any skill level with maybe a game or two at most of practice
My man, I don't know where you pull this positivity from good on ya... I can't say I agree with a single thing your spouting though. It's a poor design philosophy that started with Nurse, and will start to plague the game. Just wait for it.
If playing this game for 4 years has taught me anything, it's that it can get worse with BHVR.
Ciao
to be fair it has been 8 months since their nurse rework and they are only human so I do have a capacity to believe things they do can get better and improve. Of course nothing they ever do will be accepted by everyone but the 1% that usually is the loudest is also the only ones complaining so I think the other people who play the game will be just fine. I have played for 2 years and as far as I have seen they have covered mistakes pretty well even if it took a month or two.
I won't say anything for or against the changes, because we haven't gotten to try them yet, but it is 100% a nerf.
It's like the Empathy and Wake Up nerf; even if a reduction from infinite to 128 meters is almost unnoticeable, it's still a reduction.
In the case of Hillbilly limiting his ability to use his power is a nerf by definition, because he used to have no limitations.
As for it not being a nerf because his add-ons will be good (which we don't know to be true yet), that's a fallacious argument. There's no reason he couldn't have gotten an add-on rework without being nerfed.
-
Lemme say here that I'm not in support of some of the crazy overreactions going on because of the nerf, but I do feel like calling it a nerf is justified.
Well articulated but you made one verbal slip, its a rework not buffs, not nerfs the overall power level of the character seemingly isn't meant to change but BHVR is know to call it reworks when its only nerfs or buffs (lets hope not this time) what I mean to say is that billy as a whole won't get weaker he will just get more options and more play styles to play with.
If he has truly gotten stronger or weaker that is for us to decide when we have the opportunity to use it firsthand but until then we can only guess or make outrageous claims that billy will be worse or better.
Though yea probably a nerf knowing BHVR thinks spirit is strong so they are gonna nerf greninja, but its adding new things to the game on frankly a bland character that needs to have his addons changed.