This game is a positive feedback system.
Change my mind, this game is so heavily bent on snowballing most often. I feel like 2Ks should be far more prevalent than any other amount. It'd be more balanced IMO. But currently, when I play survivor, it goes one of two ways:
- Killer brings snowball perks which contribute to their positive feedback (basically meaning if you start to succeed a little bit, it spirals into a lot) and my teammates and I give a 4K with 5 gens (I hardly play SWF)
- Killer falls behind awfully far and gets few hooks and mostly escapes
I know the devs mentioned something about an EGC for early game, but this game has many perks and mechanics that feel like they send the game toward's ones favor far too quickly. I may be thinking weirdly here, but I feel that there should be more mechanics to give the killer an advantage if they are falling behind, and then survivors an advantage if they are getting brutalized.
One idea would be something along the lines of vault points near generators that are broken and turned into doorways. With each gen completed, that area will become less viable and survivors will avoid it and/or shorten chases in it.
As for survivors when getting absolutely destroyed, an anti-slugging mechanic could be that the longest slugged survivor on the ground can fully recover, only if more than 1 survivor is slugged.
These are just a few ideas to name some, but I hope you see my point that this game is basically a positive feedback system. If the game is leaning to one side, it often leans all the way (in my experience of 2.7K hours of surv/killer split gameplay)
Comments