The reasons why springtrap won't be added to the game (probably)
So, lately there are tons of people on the forums that show their ideas on the dbd community about a famous FNAF character, springtrap. Now, I want to inform these people that adding springtrap, is a good idea, only in theory. Let's say that bhvr tries to communicate with Scott Cawthon (the creator of fnaf) they have to persuade him to let em use springtrap as a character. First of all, Scott is overprotective with his characters and fnafs story is a bit odd and complicated. Unfortunately, the whole FNAF lore wasn't revealed yet, we're still waiting for the release of the new game/games and the other book. So not only it's unlikely that Scott will give permission to bhvr, but even if he did, there are holes in the lore that make it really difficult for bhvr to develop the character as well. But I'll admit, I would like cool Easter eggs for the FNAF lore in dbd.
Secondly, indoor maps are heavily disliked by the community. People have admitted that they LOVE the elementary school's looks and design, but gameplay wise it'd awful, and I agree. So imagine the addition of another map that spooky Myers dominates in :/
Comments
Only time will tell.
Scott already let Illumix make an AR game and Steel Wool the Help Wanted VR game which also make the newest game 'Security Breach' . There's also an AAA title soon in the works. Illumix even makes skins for the animatronics, Toxic Springtrap and Liberty Chica to name two as examples.
I believe Scott is much more open now than in the prior years
4 to 5 years ago, springtrap was relevant to the plot. But currently, he's dead. He's not part of the story anymore.
Before, it made sense Scott would want to keep his character protected. But currently, not a big deal.
I don't follow the series all that closely anymore as I mainly just keep up with the Game Theory videos but i've heard that Scott is becoming more open with the series. So I can see this as a possibility and I feel like if enough people on both sides want it, it'd be a smart move to make the crossover.
Years ago I would never believe such a thing could come to DbD but over time you can see the Devs branching out into more things when you have stuff like the Demogorgon and them digging deeper into game licenses with Silent Hill (Left 4 Dead counts too, on a lesser scale) Plus anyone that would rule a FNAF killer out based on how the characters look really don't have a leg to stand on with the kinds of outfits we have in the game now.
Even though I haven't played the FNAF games in years, i'd be pretty excited for this crossover. Just like I was with Silent Hill, although I hadn't played any of the SH before the chapter announcement.