The new chapter was kind of a letdown

No one wants to load into Midwhich. it's a poorly executed map and will probably need an eventual rework.

Pyramid Head is too complicated and hard to use to be popular. He's brand new and already uncommon after 2 weeks.

Heather will probably have the most lasting effect on the game... but mainly because people want to show off the fact they have 15 dollars to play a sexy nurse...

Overall, it's not the best chapter. Although it's clear there was a lot of work put into it by the Devs, its a symptom of almost trying too hard. Simple is sometimes better than high budget and confusing

Comments

  • Speak for yourself; I'm on my way to P3'ing both Pyramid Head (who I haven't found to be too difficult to understand) and Heather.

    Also, the map may suck against OoO or a SWF team, but what map doesn't? If it weren't for the 3 god pallets on that map I'd quite like it.

    And even so it's easily the most visually interesting map so far.

    Even if the perks honestly kinda sucked, I'm personally quite happy with the new chapter. Much better than Chains of Hate or Cursed Legacy IMO.

  • I believe the reason you're not seeing as many people playing Pyramid Head is the same reason why you're not seeing much anybody (or at the very least a less than usual number) playing licensed killers at the moment: because of the fourth anniversary event. That's nothing to do with the killer himself, that's just because of the event going on right now.

    The rewards are only available for original characters so naturally people are switching between all the original characters both killer and survivor to earn crowns on as many characters as possible. I personally do want to play more Pyramid Head and get better with him, but I've been holding off playing him for this exact reason.

    And in the grand scheme of things, he's not that complicated, people make it tougher on themselves to understand the new content than it really is. Killer - creates trails, trails cause "torment", torment = cage or final execution after downed, killer can also create a damaging short ranged shockwave attack. Bing bang boom. Explained in less than a sentence.

  • You think so?

    I wouldn't say let down but like....

    He can be stronger, BHVR put so many limits to his power, can't apply Torment near hooks, generators, doors, like....what?

    Hag can put her traps and all you have to do is crouch over them and they work the same way, but her's is lethal.

    His perks have limits, power has limits, don't get me wrong

    ranks.PNG

    I enjoy playing as him, but he can be so much better.

  • Really the only part I'm hating as Pyramid Head is that I can't leave the trail anywhere useful. Anywhere near gens, hooks, the hatch, someone scratching their balls and it just deletes itself. It's like it has to be out in the middle of nowhere where only an idiot will step on it, or nothing.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    Really the only part I'm hating as Pyramid Head is that I can't leave the trail anywhere useful. Anywhere near gens, hooks, the hatch, someone scratching their balls and it just deletes itself. It's like it has to be out in the middle of nowhere where only an idiot will step on it, or nothing.

    This, exactly. I don't understand the point of this.

    I don't understand why it can't STAY until you keep using more of the Trail then the beginning starts to wear off.