Rank Resets

Add back the times where your rank reset takes you up to 20. Game gets boring when rank reset only takes you up 2 ranks. It was all fun for the grind. If anyone denies it I want to hear their side

Comments

  • I'd actually say Rank Reset is doing it's job better than ever. Players who have taken a lengthy break from the game will come back at a much lower rank, while those who've continued to play through it will go relatively unaffected. This seems like the intended purpose of the current Rank Reset.

    I'm sure you've heard it elsewhere before, but under the current system Rank ≠ Skill, mainly just recent experience with the game. Why would someone who's worked their way up to Rank 1 and been playing there for the last few weeks be justified in immediately returning to the brown or yellow ranks? This just increases the chances that these veterans get to stomp on newcomers (and based on the current issues with the matchmaker ignoring rank right now, this would be unhealthy for the game).

    DbD isn't currently a game about climbing ranks (at least, not beyond your first time doing so). For me, the previous rank reset system was one of the most annoying elements of the game. Climbing the rank ladder as killer was usually fine, but doing it as solo-survivor was an exercise in patience as you waited to get teammates who understood how to play again. Sure cruddy players exist at the high ranks (red & purple), but you're a whole lot more likely to see them at the low ranks.

    If their MMR system works out to make rank a better indication of a player's general skill level (and maybe if some season rewards are added), I could see a steeper Rank Reset being reintroduced. But I definitely don't want the old system back while we have the ranking system we do now.