Lets Discuss as a Community.
How do we think behavior should deal with those who lost legacy and how can we moving forward get Legacy back to those who lost it.
In my opinion the best solution would honestly be just give it all out to ensure those who lost it would get it back however so that those who earned it first and earned it fairly should be given something in return so that they dont feel disappointed like everyone else who lost it since giving it out would cheapen the value of legacy.
Let's see if we can come to a simple solution that does not leave out those who lost it. We really all need to come together on this and try to show behavior that the ones who lost it shouldn't be left out it's not fair to them to see event cosmetics and exclusives given out but not legacy and seeing as how they lost it and behavior still continues the stance of well to bad.
Maybe just give out a different color version possibly? making the orange one the legit legacy and maybe make a yellow one and give it out to everyone else. Surely there is a way to do something for those that lost it. We really shouldn't give up on those that lost it.
Comments
Here's the problem.
You don't give it out and the people who lost them are complaining.
You do give it out and the people who have them are complaining.
I'll accept them giving it out if they give out a separate cosmetic for people who currently have the cosmetics.
Nothing's gonna be done about it.
This comment might not age well, but that's how it has been for years so far.
I do like the achievement idea someone suggested on here, to give at least some Legacy back to players who earned it.
See that's what im thinking maybe give a different version out so that you don't cheapen the value of the first it's possible to do.
I wouldn't say impossible there is 100% a way to do it also the issue is there is a way to modify dates using sam. Also if people don't like that im trying to find ideas to help those that lost legacy well honestly if that's how they feel its all good.
Idk who these people are you're talking about, i've never seen anyone be against ideas to return Legacy to those who lost it.
I meant like if people didn't like the post not saying anyone is against it but you never know i just don't want to leave those that lost it behind.
So you don't want to leave me, huh? ๐
I'm not telling you to stop wanting it back, i didn't tell @Pepsidot either on their huge Legacy post, it's all fine by me.
But the way i'm thinking: It's been years, and they recently put up their statement of not doing anything about it.
Seems like a wild goose chase to me.
I feel you yeah i just won't want those that lost it to feel like its a lost cause thats the point of this post hope it gains traction and some good ideas come out again the more we brainstorm behavior is known for watching and keeping a close eye on things if some good ideas show up on this topic its possible to find a way.
Loving the optimism at least. ๐
Whatever was the date where you couldn't get legacy anymore.
Give legacy to all players who bought the game before that.
Now legacy becomes an early support kind of thing instead of I put ######### ton of time in the game kind of thing.
Everyone that should have legacy gets it back, some others aswell. But you don't give it to every player. Problem solved.
Not a bad idea it could work! Keep the ideas flowing!
I've been with this game since week 1 of release, I've lost my legacy, and I've lost all progress on my account twice when the progress loss bug was still around, I personally got really ticked off that BHVR gave all the previous event cosmetics out to everyone for free considering how much work was put into getting them, and while before that happened I would've said to just let the players who still have legacy keep it, now I really wouldn't. What they're doing isn't fair to the players that lost legacy and their logic regarding the situation is flawed. In their news post they say "To award Legacy to the rest of the community would severely alienate and undermine that part of the community that has been with us since 2016." I understand that they are saying that legacy is more valuable then the event cosmetics due to how grindy the bloodweb was before the rework, but since around 50% of the community that was around during that time suffered some kind of loss of progress, you would think they would just throw in the towel and give it to everybody at this point or at the very least award all players who have owned the game since 2016 a charm or something. I've always been very vocal about how much I love BHVR as a company but how they've handled the legacy problem over the years is a serious problem and with how long it has lasted they seriously need to just give up and either give it to everyone, or give it to players who have owned the game since "X" date. Sorry for the long rant, I love this game and the community around it but I needed to get that out of my system. I still love BHVR, they just really need to put an end to this problem before it gets out of control again.
I 100% get what you are saying again the point of the post is to highlight that there is a way and that we don't need to leave those that lost it behind.
I've mentioned it in another post, but I'll mention it here too. All players that lost their legacy cosmetics have prestiged before the 24th November 2016.
The achievements prove that they prestiged once/twice/three times before the cutoff date. So they could receive 1/2/3 legacy cosmetics on ONE character of their choosing. Players may have had more than one character with legacy - but this is a compromise.
If this is not sufficient evidence for the Devs (Even though I feel as if it is), players could also show proof via steam screenshots, videos etc.
So players that still have their legacy are happy because it's not released to everyone and people who lost legacy at least get something back. I personally lost L3 Hillbilly and L3 Claud. At this point I would take L3 Claud over nothing.
So although all we can do is try to raise awareness of the issue; it's ultimately up to the devs to resolve the issue. I feel as if the main reason we never got legacy back years ago is because we kind of sat back and trusted the Devs. Now that there are less people with the issue here (as people quit the game or simply moved on), we are such a small problem in the Devs eyes. They can continue to give us blanket statements or heavily imply we will never get the cosmetics back. I don't see any big streamer or youtuber raising awareness of the issue - so the devs hardly have any pressure or incentive to actually resolve the issue. That's why I made my video in the first place. Unfortunately, I'm not a big Youtuber (I basically never post vids) so me trying to raise awareness doesn't have as big of an impact as it could have had. I'd love for a big influencer to share it.
The Devs have successfully ignored the issue for years, so although I'd love to get SOMETHING back... the reality is very different. Especially due to the recent statements.
If only there were some review process -- like, say, submitting a ticket to ask Behaviour to look at a prestige achievement that was earned before certain cutoff date, and then re-award Legacy cosmetics if that checks out. If only there were timestamped achievements in this game, around the exact criteria that confirm whether a person unlocked it or not. Too bad none of those things exist in this game!
(Normally, my feedback is "Imagine getting upset about some cosmetics in a video game," but I do think it's reasonable to put in place a redemption system for people who earned these ones, as there was a specific criteria not tied to some seasonal event.)