Disconnection Penalty under COVID-19
Hello all! First time I write in the forums and it's touch a very sensitive topic regarding the DC Pennalties imposed while we're undergoing one of the most internet-dependant and use-intense periods of all time.
As it's intuitive, while quarantine and social distancing measures take place, many ISPs have found themselves with serious issues to provide the actual quality of service they promise. Primarily in some countries like mine (Chile) the ISPs experiment random service interruptions which result in in-game DCs which are not intended.
Hence, I'd like the BE team (@PatBrutal @Peanits) to take into consideration this serious issue.
P.S: this can be extended to regular periods of activity as many many times I've lost rank progress due to random DCs. It'd be good if the game could somehow tell whether someone quits purposely or a connection interruption occurs and ends the game. Perhaps an "Honor" System as CS:GO has for matchmaking could be used as well to complement an automatic judgement of whether the player or not will be penalized.
Comments
It happened again, OMFG!
It would be impossible to tell if a disconnection was intentional or not.
I imagine, for example, just applying the punishment during these events in the scenario a player actually hits de "Quit" button in his/her client.
Then people could just pull the plug from their internet to disconnect.
Especially during an event.
Downed fast? DC. Someone else DC'ed? DC. Not enough (when fix comes) cakes? DC.
Perhaps my message lost its main point, but I insist that applying DC penalties to all players, particularly when the game does not have unranked matchmaking available as CS:GO, LoL and other ladder-based games do, is quite frustrating when we have no power to solve the ISP issues world-wide (which I've heard from also Canada, Brazil and a few EU countries).