Idea for a future survivor perk: Wall Breaking
I can't come up with a good name for the perk but... basically it would be something along the lines of
Wall Breaking allows you to destroy breakable walls. Wall Breaking will trigger a Loud Noise indicator for the Killer at the broken wall's location.
Causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40 seconds.
Wall Breaking cannot be used when Exhausted.
I say future survivor perk because for now it would only be useful for the two most recent maps. But once the older maps also have breakable walls added to them, it could see some use.
Comments
Well some blocked doors benefit survivors and others benefit killers. So having the possibility of doing it would be good.
And it does need a cooldown otherwise it would be too easy to just go around breaking all the walls. Making it Exhaustion would mean you need to pick between breaking a wall or using sprint burst or something else. And breaking a wall has to be exhausting. They could also make it work like some of the other perks that require you to be within the killer's radius, or maybe in a chase. I had thought of just changing Dead Hard to add the breaking effect. Dead Hard into a wall, get the distance boost and break the wall at the same time.
I am pretty sure that having breakable walls only breakable by killers is a balance choice, I'm not so sure what gets accomplished by letting survivors break them. Survivors already have every other environmental advantage.
Maybe make it a 1 time only thing then. So the survivor using the perk would need to pick which wall to break.
Honestly, most of the breakable walls benefit the killer more than survivors when broken, so it wouldn't be as useful as it might sound, but hey, with breakable walls being a thing, survivors could have a way of interacting with them...
I’d love for a survivor perk to let them break walls. 😊
I don't particularly enjoy them as a killer, I just can't think of any other reason why only killers can break them.