Hawkin's Pallet Spawns: Good or bad?

Hey y'all, just want to know: What do you think of Hawkin's pallet spawn points?

Personally, here's my thoughts:

The pallets on Hawkin's aren't ideal for looping. Which is great. They're a step towards making chases more interesting. Having unsafe pallets in the middle of nowhere is not a fun. They're a deathtrap for survivors and a boring, guaranteed hit for alright killers.

However, I think Hawkin's pallets are perfectly unsafe.

For example, this pallet below:

20200627134536_1.jpg

On one side it has a very lengthy loop, which is too long to be considered particularly loopable, then on the other, it is far too unsafe. If being chased and the pallet is dropped, the killer has two main choices, which are:

  • Kick the pallet, taking 2 seconds to break, offering the survivor distance.
  • Walk around the pallet, taking either the same amount of time or less but allows to gain more distance on survivor.

Often as killer, I find it best to leave the pallet for the time being, walk around, and hunt down the survivor.

From this, the pallet basically turns into a window for survivors to loop which, again, I often leave when in a chase as it takes time to break. Personally, I like this factor because while the pallet is unsafe, it can turn into a shortcut for survivors that I have to walk around unless I choose to take time to break it.

Personally, I'd love to see more of these spawns that leave the killer a split choice and offer survivors a little more distance in a chase as it feels far more interactive than safe pallets.

However, pallets like these?

20200627134522_1.jpg

Not fun as either side IMO, although it can be semi-safe, it's one that is not really something I would use to gain distance in a chase. It just feels like a trap when you get into one of these in a chase that's downed. Which is a fair strat for a killer to leave, but it just becomes a game of jump back and forth while the killer steps side to side until one of you messes up.

Comments