Feedback from someone who started playing ~1 month ago
So I am a new player who started playing 1 month ago, I have maxed 2 survivors and have 1 killer on lvl 30. And I thought I post my feedback because it may be different as to what the veterans think. Maybe some of these things are wrong because I lack the experience but here it is:
Positive:
* Core gameplay loop is great - no, it's godlike. That's why the game is so much fun!
* Playing different killers is fun
* Playing as a survivor is fun
* Lots of meta things to do: Leveling up, customization, different loadouts, trying items, dailies and the "battle pass"-progression
* Progression is fast - but the more survivors and killers are introduced the more tedious it is to unlock the meta stuff for new players. Shrine of Secret could help, but since it's random - it doesn't 99% of the time. Also even though I have maxed 2 survivors I am only able to buy 1Perk in terms of currency... It's faster to just unlock them yourself than getting the currency for the shrine.
While it looks like only 4 points, the core gameplay loop is this game's biggest pro argument. I come back to play it over and over again. It's just fun and it just works!
Negative:
* Game looks dated: The game currently looks like a game from 2005. Even the "updated visuals" I saw on youtube still look like a game from 2015. There is no excuse to have a game look like this when there is stuff like "quixels" which enables single digit developer teams to make a game look awesome.
* No graphic settings - is this a mobile game?
*Can't set multiple keys for the same action
* Survivors are all the same: While killers have their unique ability, survivors only have their perks - which at some point are sharable.
* Survivors are not all the same: They have different heights but the camera is always the same position. That makes playing large survivors a disadvantage. A small survivor blocks 50% vision of the screen (from bottom upwards) while large ones up to 80%(!!!)
* Matchmaking sucks. Why do killers with 4 perks and lots of unlocked shared perks play against players with only 1-2 perks? Also the other way round? Do the devs really think even if you are rank 1 killer, that you can win with a lvl 3 killer with no perks unlocked against max level survivors?
* Premade survivors are unbalanced. Right now there is such a big difference if you play against a premade squad or a none- premade squad. Is the game balanced around premades or non-premades? Since everyone nowadays can use voice chat, the game should just implement it and then balance the game around it. Or introduce a passive bonus for killers for every premade survivor in the game. I am not stating that you can't win, it just makes balancing the game hard - and it shows!
* Skill checks are boring after you got the hang out of them. Why is there only one way of doing skill checks? There are lots of good ideas that can easily be stolen from other games e.g. Warframes hacking/mining minigames: https://youtu.be/zktXo78t8bc?t=58, https://youtu.be/zktXo78t8bc?t=255, https://youtu.be/E512egkHYso?t=173
* Perk meta is boring. There should be more nerfs and buffs to spice things up. You are seeing the same perks over and over again.
I hope this is useful for someone. Please don't shy away to tell me where I am missing / misunderstanding stuff as I am still fairly new.
Comments