I love this game, but...
This game is going downhill quality-wise. I love DBD so much and have since I joined, back when I got a suggested spotlight for Nightmare on Elm street and my horror-obsessed self instantly bought the game.
But lately, I've been getting so much stress from just logging on knowing that I'm going to deal with what this game is. I'm not saying I hold the devs to any standards, but with a game that has this much of a playerbase and has potential for even more? I think it should function far better than it does right now.
I tried to play Last Year: Afterdark, and while I do not like the core mechanics of the game, it functions SO much better than Dead By Daylight does. All the animations feel so smooth, the video options can be customized far better, and the aesthetic is marvelous. While I do love Dead By Daylight's recent maps and their aesthetic update, the game just feels like it's a race to get more content out to increase the playerbase.
I don't want to quit this game; I'm so invested in it. I have spent well over a hundred bucks on this game by now, which in hindsight, is likely a mistake. The potential to be the end-all multiplayer horror game is immense, but not being fed on in the right ways right now. I love the dev's effort to implement more horror icons in this game, but what we really need is an entire game overhaul. After playing Last Year, I see how awful the menu functions, how the maps had lacked detail (which I hope is revamped with this upcoming rework), and quite frankly how awful this game functions. Even at 60 FPS, the animations are so buggy, hitboxes are weird, and the game feels... awkward.
I'm only saying all of this out of a love for DBD. I really, REALLY want to play this game but I've gotten to the point where sitting down to start the game gives me stress. It's just not fun to play right now. And I don't want to quit and be one of those "I'm quitting DBD and here's why", I want to have the devs acknowledge this and do something. Chapters aren't nearly as necessary as a total overhaul of the game right now. This game wasn't particularly in a better place before, but the rate at which it's changing feels too slow for the amount of players in it. Of course, this pandemic cannot be helping which I understand, but the patterns with devs lately seems to be defend your work, don't consider. Gathering this from Q&As, forum posts, and even entire videos breaking down game mechanics. Why did you make an entire video telling people why their hitboxes were feeling awful instead of just remaking them? That entire video could have been summarized in a paragraph on a forum post.
Anyways, I hope you read this BHVR.
I love this game and you all, but it's becoming physically painful to play.
Comments