Does the new matchmaking account for player skill ceiling?

It seems like the algorithm behind the matchmaking system is constantly trying to recalculate my skill after every match and seems to amp up the intensity of the match every 1-4 matches.

I only say this because I get the feeling like I'm on one of the test servers. It seems like I'll do good for up to 4 matches (2 kills or better) and then I'll start seeing progressively more higher ranked players than me in the lobby.

Then I throw 4 matches on purpose and de rank a couple ranks and suddenly all my matches are against people closer to my rank.

I like that the algorithm is trying to figure out skill and match me against skilled players but I'm honestly not that competitive and I prefer to just chill in one sort of skill category. It seems counterproductive to assume someone will eventually improve to the point where they can play against super high skilled players, say red ranks for instance. Shouldn't the matchmaking assume that some people will just hit a skill ceiling where that's about as good as they're going to get? It seems like that's how most games and skills in reality work.

Even if I'm wrong and I'm not on one of the test servers I still think the devs should consider the fact that some people will just hit a skill ceiling where they're not going to get any better than they already are at the game.

I'd prefer if the new matchmaking system would at least just chill out in one skill level for longer than 1-4 matches before progressing to a more difficult lobby.

Just my thoughts.

Comments