Why don't people avoid hate messages?
If it bothers you that much change your settings to where only friends can message you. Btw I'm speaking about console players.
Tagged:
Mod
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Butthurt is the best part of this game. Why would anyone avoid it?
I decided to make a little museum of salty comments on my steam profile, so I left comments on. The best way to deal with salty players is to confirm what they say/pretend you're stupid.
Playstation handles it if someone crosses the line just report the message. Xbox not sure of but i heard they are stricter.
On PS4 I don't get many salty messages, but some of that is due to me being on EU servers so there are a lot of different languages. I actually get quite a lot of GG or nice messages which is why I don't disable messaging, I have made quite a few DBD buddies through messages.
Yes on PS4 people can send messages via a Friend Request even if you have public messages blocked. I think though that there is a way to disable Friend Requests, but that sucks because you have to turn it on again every time you meet someone you actually want to be friends with.
I for one don't disable them simply for the rare occasion that a mature player sends a GG after a competitive match. I also don't tunnel or camp so it's fun to see what excuses people come up with to be upset, " You pay to win" currently being my favorite.
They are like feminists, they like to find something that isn't really an issue and make it an issue.
I read them, laugh and then move on. Not everyone is thick skinned though.
There isn't.
But what you let affect you will affect you. And we live in a current generation where anything can be typed and instantly sent.
The solution? Either not give a #########, or continue on to making your messages private. You're never going to get rid of any aggressive, salty, or rude people.
I understand DbD is implementing new report systems, but let's be honest, it's nearly impossible to ban everyone who harass each other.
If you're too sensitive to what a complete, far as hell, stranger says to you, there's ways around it like closing the chat tab on PC, or limiting messages and friend requests.
'