Today's Strength: The Demogorgon
For an explanation on what "strength" entails for these polls, please refer to the first entry of this series: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1337293
For this example, we got: The Demogorgon
How good do you rate it at sacrificing all 4 Survivors?
Tagged:
Trusted

Comments
Shred's pretty awesome, but i feel the portals are kinda underwhelming, and it's half of its toolkit.
There's probably amazing Demos out there, but...ehh.
He's good.
Shred is a great gap closer and decent anti-loop. Portals give him more map mobility.
Pros:
Cons:
Demogorgon is another Killer that's more fun than they are effective. I want to rate it higher, I really do, but it just gives way too much information to the Survivors. Half of its power can be denied. Oh, and it's best add-ons are brown. Something is completely backwards with that.
Nothing special. In concept he's great, but he's got too many drawbacks.
On the plus side, he is extremely enjoyable to play against.
Seeing a meaty hole with 5 skin flaps instead of just a face is definitely a change for first-timers.
We've seen a clown, we've seen a woman who is in 10 pieces, we've even seen someone who can go invisible, and just when you think you've seen it all, someone who doesn't even has face comes in.
Shred can help Demogorgon end chases and the portals give it more mobility, but it makes way too much noise (basically tells the Survivors what you're doing and lowers the effectiveness of the Undetectable effect) and the add-ons (minus the common, a couple uncommon ones, and Deer Lung) are crap.
People will vouch for Demogorgon to death on the forums and in conversation, but in practice I hardly see any Demogorgon's at all these days. When it comes to Demogorgon it's all bark and no bite, I must have seen less than 5 in the last few months, they are practically an extinct species.
Which is crazy to think about because for the longest time he was touted as one of the most balanced killers on release, with enough strengths to make him viable in high ranks but plenty of counters to make him fair to play against. And it's not like he's changed significantly since then, if at all.
Hell, I see LEGION more often than I see Demogorgon, and that's a telling sign that something isn't right that either says something about: 1. Legion is not as universally hated as everyone says he is and everyone exaggerates this bit, or 2. Demogorgon is in a REALLY bad spot to be played less than Legion (from my perspective [as a survivor in red ranks and as a killer who doesn't play him])
I stole this from a youtube comment I saw on an Otz video. "Demo is that guy who is kind of good at everything, but great at nothing."
Literally god incarnated as a 7 foot tall monster.
I feel like they are very clunky... it doesn't help on console, either.
he scares the crap out of me.... but i guess it just depends on the individuals particular build and play style ..
He has some potential...Maybe
Demo is my main good boi. I usually get 4ks with him and know how to mind game. If you play Demo really well, then survivors are 100% screwed.
Demoboi is balanced and extremely fun to play as. The problem is that all that he does, other killers do as well and more easily/brokenly. If other killers (such as Freddy) were nerfed, we would see him more often. Or if Demo were buffed. But he's my main along with Legion and I don't find him that weak tbh.