2V8

Ok so I know this suggestion has been brought up since the game was even being created, but I think I've come up with a way we can make it happen. I've tried balancing it as much as I can so feel free to share your thoughts and I hope @Peanits or @Almo can pass this onto the developer team.

How a 2v8 would work

A 2v8 should only work in a custom game (kill your friends), just for friends to have a bit of fun or to mess about, but there needs to be a loophole to it so here it is:

  • For obvious reasons, a 2v8 should only work in custom matches.
  • With 8 survivors, there should be 10 totems and 10 generators in maps.
  • As soon as a 2nd killer loads in, the perks YOU choose will be disabled for the other killer (so it can avoid unnecessary stacking on perks, this was confirmed by the Developers that stacking would make them broken). This would force the other killer to choose another build.
  • Again with the 2nd killer, you can't play the same killer. So if you both load in as the same killer, one of you will automatically change to another killer that you own. This is to avoid certain problems for example: 2 Huntress' throwing hatchets at you, 2 Trappers placing a goddamn load of traps, 2 Piggies using 8 bear traps etc.
  • In order for obsession perks to work, there will need to be two obsessions between the 8 survivors.


I hope this is acceptable enough to at least be looked at by the Developer team, let me know your thoughts.

Comments

  • I’ve thought about that before too, but I think map size would be an issue. Even with 10 survivors, the killers could each just take one side / choose 5 gens to patrol. On the smaller maps, that would be hectic.

    But if it’s just in KYF mode, then sure. I wouldn’t care & think it would be fun to be able to play with more people.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    I don't like the thought of it being a custom game. Maybe it's just me.. But the tf has 9 friends to play dbd with?

    You'd be surprised

  • @MiniPisa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1382447#Comment_1382447

    Even so, I think that's a little sad. I'd love to do 8v2, or 6v2 but If you haven't guessed already, I don't have that many friends lol.

    Maybe it could be a system where you can join other parties if they're running low on people. Like say there's 5 survivors and only 1 killer. A group of 3 survivors and 1 killer can join them. The wait may be hella painful, but I'd still rather that then be completely excluded from this great game mode.

    That's a good idea actually.

  • This is the most suggested idea by far, I love it.

    But I think the reason they do not do it, is because not enough players, we will have to see when crossplay is enabled.

  • I feel like 2v8 would be possible after crossplay without it being a custom game. Even though they don't want to add it, I'll still hope for it eventually. That bug where 2 killers can be in one game was pretty cool and it reminds me how awesome a 2v8 mode would be.