Merged: Exclusive cosmetics & legacy discussions

Comments

  • I honestly like the idea, but I'm not optimistic whatsoever about them bringing certain items back. To me it's weird that they would give out things like Ace's purple hat for example, but leave certain things limited like the Hound mask for Huntress. I kind of understand the Bloodletting shirt because I guess that had monetary value (even though they could just host the same event and allow for the thing to be obtained again, through money) but I just think limited cosmetics are weird if some of them are being given out and some aren't.

    Same thing with legacy. I saw the game advertised a long time ago but being a kid I had no job and no money so I wasn't getting my hands on it. It makes me sad that I don't have the option to play with legacy just because I wasn't really able to hop on the bandwagon early enough, because I actually think legacy looks cool (I'm not even after it for the exclusivity, I just like the effect.) Even if they had a different color like a silvery one or a blue one or green like you had said even, it would be cool. I'm not going to hold my breath on any of that though. I've just accepted by this point that there's always going to be things in games that I'm not going to be able to have, and not just in DbD. This applies to many games.

    I do like your idea though. I understand people who are for the exclusivity. That's a completely valid stance to have. I personally just think, at least with DbD, the cosmetics being available to everyone wouldn't be that bad, and your suggestion would also give life to the devotion system which many players have been complaining about for a long time. It's like killing two birds with one stone, but I wouldn't count on it happening. :/