With a few tweaks to sound, the Demogorgon could be a great and SCARY killer.
Demogorgon players are rare in this game, other than me I know very few who play them regularly.
While I don't think it is weak in a chase, the Demogorgon has way too many sound cues that let a survivor know when they are completely safe. I understand some other killers need more love, but here are some proposed sound changes that would barely take any effort to implement, while making Demo scarier and more atmospheric to face, especially since the devs take away sounds every patch it seems ( I'm JOKING don't be mad please).
First off, remove the notification of teleporting. Demogorgon lacks any surprise impact when it traverses the map, survivors know immediately to be wary of their surroundings and make it to safety before a chase starts. Without the loud warning, survivors would constantly be on edge, and Demo would have an easier time starting chases. For balance, I wouldnt mind if the cue only played if a survivor was within say 8 meters of a portal being used.
Second change, lower his footsteps. Mr Stompy has footsteps louder than a T-Rex, and any possible hope of sneaking up on a survivor is lost even if the warning on TP was gone.
It also removes some basic mind-games for Demo that most m1 killers can use. Even just lowering it during the undetectable would be fine, so Demo can actually use the undetectable status effectively (especially since undetectable was added FOR it).
Final simple change, remove all the random noises that he makes that are heard cross map. these give survivors way too much information on how safe they are. The roar on hit can stay, but missed hit roars and all the various gurgles, rumbles and growls just hurt the possible pressure survivors get from being unsure if he is about to TP towards them. I understand they are atmospheric, so if the devs don't want to remove them, then I have no issue if they only play while in the terror radius.
Bam. just a few changes that is literally just REMOVING and reducing assets.
Ok, I understand it isn't that simple, but all those noises stack up and really hurts what I feel the devs were going for with this killer's power. These tweaks would help bring up the fear factor against him, most people think he is so cool to face already and these changes would really help increase his atmosphere while making its power more effective at providing pressure.
Stranger Things is awesome, and the Demogorgon's design in the show is one of an elusive, foreboding stalker, not a roaring kaiju.
Comments
Anything to see it played more would be great! I haven't faced one in ages and it's one of my favourite killers to go against. In the right hands Demi can be absolutely pulverising!