Salty survivors vs. three-genning

If you get three-genned, don't complain to the killer in chat. This happens because survivor teams paint themselves into this particular corner.

I just had a match on Lery's, as Doctor, versus survivors who three-genned themselves by leaving the center gen and two other gens very close together. It was easy for me to patrol what was essentially a straight line, periodically using my static blast to know where to focus my attention. I tended to hook survivors along that route, and then got yelled at for camping and "going back to the hook" in endgame chat.

If you're going to complain about this kind of behavior, at least understand the context in which it happened. If you give the killer a tiny area he needs to patrol, then don't be surprised when he hooks someone in that area, routinely checks in as he makes his rounds, and winds up finding other survivors to attack.

EDIT: One of the survivors in endgame chat even told me I needed to "learn the unwritten rules." I genuinely did not know if he was serious, but it gave me a chuckle.

Comments

  • To be fair, that's a map very easy to 3 gen and a killer very optimal for that map. I can see where it would be super frustrating.

    I always try and knock out mid gen first. But even so, gens are hard to find and it's easy to get turned around.

    Not your fault tho. But I do empathize with their plight.

  • Yep been there multiple times. Even thought that its kinda bad for the person hooked, but what am I supposed to do? Leave all gens and the hooks? If you did not "force" the 3gen (meaning you only patroled these 3 gens during the game, not caring about other gens), then its clearly their fault.

    Ez counter: get on a gen together, killer can only chase down 1 person. Either he will chase one person off the gen and leave the gen to the other survivors or patrol the gen while the injured survivor heals himself. I've had some 3gen situations were the survivors really played it out optimally, but also I wasnt to eager to defend the last 3 gens to prolong the game (its pretty boring imo).

    Rmember: its the killers fault for survivors not playing optimally. /s

  • As survivor, best tp pick and plot which gens to do. If people are just greedy to knock out as many gens as possible, resulting in a near-possible endgame that's down to them. Ignore them, and let them learn to lick their wounds.