Suggestion: Challenges changes

Hi. I love the challenges, been working on them since the first rift came out and it's nice having different objectives to work on. Especially when they have me run a build I'm not used to running as either a requirement, or as a means to make it easier to complete the challenge. It's a fresh change of pace.

That being said.. Here are a few suggestions that I feel could maybe make things a bit better.


1) Challenge progress in the upper right corner of the in-game HUD (or upper left, but most other games that have progress tracking put it in the upper right corner) to help you see how much you've done on your current selected challenge.

If a specific challenge requires you to do more than one action (example: doing generators then escaping) there could be multiple lines under the Challenge's name with a progress bar next to each requirement that fills up as you complete objectives for that Challenge (similar to the progress bar that already exists to show daily and challenges progress outside the game)

This idea could also easily be applied to active dailies.


2) Allowing you to select which challenge to turn in after completing a game. Say you have 3 different challenges you could pick from.

Example:

Rift 1, level 1, survivor side.

Patched Up (healing 4 health states)

Skilled Operator (Completing 20 skill checks)

Amateur Ornithologist (Disturbing 25 crows).

You finish a match, and get a pop up asking you which challenge you want to put progress into.

So, say you healed people for 2.3 health states, did 15 skillchecks and disturbed 12 crows. You can then select one of the challenges you reached in the rift to put that progress into.

Sure, that example is easy enough, but when I thought about this, I was trying to do a specific challenge I had selected, but didn't succeed at, but had I selected a different challenge, I would have met the requirements to complete it.

My suggestion is NOT to have you progress in more than one challenge at the same time.. it's really to turn in the progress you made in the challenge you want it to.. similarly to farming something in an MMO and deciding which NPC to turn in the farmed loot. If you want to turn it in to two different NPCs then you have to farm for it twice.


Suggestion #2 means suggestion #1 would have to work a bit differently. Maybe having people track/untrack different challenges/dailies up to a maximum of 3 or 4 or something, not to clutter the screen too much if you have 3 dailies and 6 challenges to choose from. Or heck, maybe have them select just a single one to track, have it be a toggle, so those who don't care about on-screen tracking won't have it visible.

Comments