What makes a Perk worth picking for you?

I'm curious what it is that keeps the META of perks (Survivor and Killer) so stale over all. While there's a few new builds here and there, over all at the higher ranks you don't see much variation over all. Survivor side seems to have ~10 perks you'll see in rotation and Killer seems to have about the same amount even though they all have very different powers.


What makes a perk worth picking?

EDIT: Forgot to include an OTHER option , so please post it below with "OTHER: " so it is easily searchable.

Comments

  • I guess it's a mix out of all of these. We have four perks so one I can have for fun and unexpected like Tenacity, and then Bond for information/knowledge etc.

  • Stuff like Distortion are my favourite.

  • I love playing with forgotten perks that synergy together, but can't play without DS (it's OP but with random teamates I get farmed a lot)

  • Especially for the archives, I will tailor my entire build to accomplishing whatever challenge or Daily I'm doing at the moment.

  • I like when perk is passive so i dont have to worry about it so its costant buff

  • I'm all about supporting my team so my main build is We'l Make It, Borrowed Time, For The People, and Inner Strength.

    If the killer is far away and I get the unhook = We'll Make It

    If the killer is close and I get the unhook = Borrowed Time

    If I don't get the save and we need a quick emergency heal = For the People

    Inner strength is just there as a pocket heal for when I need it. I usually save it for when I use For the People and the broken timer runs out