This Game's Latest Climate
WARNING, LONG TEXT
So sound is gone, more than enough to stop killers playing. Though as a killer, I was able to move for 3 seconds before a survivors DS triggered, which allowed me free hooks or had me hooked, so theres that too. I've had several instances BT doesnt trigger although you have the countdown for it. I even heard that killer hitboxes have also been effected, making them larger somehow (just what I heard). New map is dogsh#t for both sides. Despite it's amazing appearence design.
Pyramid Heads perks were not made better, just tweaked on times to make them seem less sh#tty. Outrageous cosmetic prices and €50 if you want them as a bundle with SH for those naive enough to buy it. With all that and bad ranking matches where I'm 13 getting a 16 with 4 different teachables and 3 red ranks.
I say it's safe to say and what's fair to say is BHVR really f#cked things up this time and if this persists for much longer, I think a petition for getting refunded for this game is something to be considered. In my opinion, the game is an unplayable and broken state that nobody should have to endure just cause "Oh, it'll get well soon" is written on a card.
What's your opinion people?
Comments
I understand people not liking a game if it's broken for them.
Just can't understand it on my own level, the game's still working fine for me so far.
Between that and your character not being correctly on hook AND every time I got to pick someone off hook, me character starts shaking back and forth frantically. This game is a joke at this stage. It's bad enough camp and tunnels with NOED and ebony moris are a possible game but to have all this too. Like why bother xD
When you said bundle with SH, for a second I got pissed off thinking there was a bundle that included the actual Silent Hill game that I missed out on because I bought this dlc on its own. Then when I looked at what the bundle was, I realized it's just a mix of this dlc and all the unlicensed dlc.
First off, that's what you consider a "long text"? That's almost nothing.
Second off, the idea of a petition for a "mass refund" is absolutely laughable and would never realistically happen especially for those of us who are veterans, play on a consistent, or even semi-consistent basis, which is many. Most of us have far too many hours clocked and our initial purchase was probably made far too long ago to make a refund anywhere near reasonable.
Not to mention, DBD is a product bought and paid for through different live services, like Steam, the windows store, the playstation store, the nintendo eShop, or hell even buying a physical copy from an actual retail location for a console like PS4 or Xbox. So I don't think that's how that works, and I don't think these companies are just gonna give you money for free.
Especially for the latter. Imagine walking up to the customer service desk of your local target or whatever, slapping down your 2 year old copy of Dead By Daylight saying: "I hate how this game is balanced, and a lot of new bugs came out in the latest update. I want a refund!!"
As bad as issues with DBD can be, the community has ridden out these waves as they come and go and this is nothing new. It's specifically worse point in DBD history considering how well they had been doing especially recently, but in the grand scheme of things, things both have been and could be a lot worse. So I'm not going anywhere, anytime soon.
Meanwhile, Fallout 76 XD
Look, all I was saying is that a game (No matter how long out) should be refundable worthy if it gets to such a drastic state that its unplayable by any means. Not being able to hear survivors at all is a basic function and objective of a game that is restricting you. Sure you can see them but only for so long. Consider games with quick and quiet, dance with me, lithe.
Add these to already mute survivors, Blendettes. It makes for an impossible game scenario for most ranks, it would be especially miserable for really low and really high ranked as their either sweaty survivors that know how to play the game or it's a noob killer not finding anyone throughout the whole game.
I understand it may seem funny to you and you want to believe in whats left of this sorry excuse of a game. But for others that have suffered through 4 years of the same problems either coming back up after being said fixed or just never fixed. We are tired of it. Sure refunds may not ever happen. But honestly, it's not like they arent deserved.
And why tf are you having a go a "Long text?" XD seems silly. Even if I thought it wasnt long, I would have brushed passed it.
Bottom line, unless you're sadly devoted to this game regardless of how bad it gets, most sensible people just leave this for a month and see if it's gotten better. Sure there are sensible ones still devoted to this game, but what will it take to see? Game pulls your character back due to poor latency in the game. And they want to cross platform? Spinning in circles mess with hitbox due to automatic aim assist. Grabs are broken, can stick you in place. I can be blinded forever or have a half blind screen for the remainder.
Like, how much before enough is enough?
I don't pay attention to fallout in nearly any capacity, but I have heard something about it being really bad or something. Borderline the game wasn't functional or operational, which is very clearly not an apt description for Dead By Daylight. A few bugs don't equal a game that doesn't operate. Just because sound is a critical aspect of killer gameplay doesn't mean that the game itself is not in a functioning playable state, because it objectively is. Your own experience is entirely subjective
As for those "others who have suffered through 4 years of the same problems", I'M one of those others. I've been playing this game since 2016, my first achievement is dated in early July of that year, the game came out in June. So you can talk down to somebody else who's actually inexperienced with what Dead By Daylight has gone through.
I was just pointing out it wasn't a long text. Your response to my comment is already longer than OPs thread to begin with, that's proof enough. I'm not "having a go" at anything, it was a passing comment, something I would've thought most people would brush past.
I like the game, through thick and thin I enjoy the horror fantasy of Dead By Daylight - it's characters both licensed and original creations, the cosmetics which tell their own stories, the lore, asymmetrical gameplay, etc. and I'll continue to play it for as long as I enjoy it. You have a problem with that? Or is that not "sensible" to you?
It's been 4 years and my excitement for every new update and chapter release has never ceased or waned, and much like my fellow veterans I've seen the highs and lows. But I've also seen a general upward trajectory in quality, content, and balance in the game that gives me enough of a reason to stick around and have faith that whatever goes wrong will eventually be fixed, and what goes right will become increasingly more frequent.
And yes, my point still stands, refunds aren't deserved for most of us. Steam's own refund policy is very clear and concise, if you have owned a game for less than two weeks and played it for less than two hours, your full refund is automatically approved no questions asked. That's understandable and reasonable and to be honest a lot more forgiving than many other refund policies, asking for one 4 years later, is not.
Sensing alot of hostility from someone who I was just pointing out something wrong. But hey you defend this terrible game if you wish. May have not played for 4 years but I played for 3. And being a veteran player means nothing. So I'd appreciate you stop waving the title about like it does. I've seen most of the issues with this throughout the years too and although some balance was implemented, it was really balance that should have been there since start. Others were sceptical.