Please make the chest lootable only from one spot
Please make the chest lootable only from the spot where the Survivor who opened it is standing.
I spawned into a match near the basement. I went into the basement and found the chest. I heard the terror radius and waited by the chest.
Another Survivor also came down. They walked against me to try to open the chest. When the terror radius went away I began to open the chest. The other Survivor walked to the side of the chest to try to steal the contents.
It is possible for them to steal because, even though the item appears for both of us at the same time, my character is stuck finishing the last of the 'Search Chest' animation while they are free to steal. Therefore, I was coerced into closing the chest at 99%. The loud noise drew the killer back over.
The other Survivor ran up the stairs. They then immediately returned with the killer in tow. They ran to me and the chest. The killer downed them and then me (I was busy sending them a message and could not react).
(Edit: I re-watched the clip, and the killer was Oni. The Oni downed us both with one Blood Fury attack just as the other Survivor finished kiting the killer to me.)
----
If they could not loot the chest from the side before I even get the chance to loot the items myself then this situation would have ended differently, and fairly.
Comments
It was changed from you automatcially getting the item because of WHO KNOWS WHY?? It should really be changed back for efficiency's sake )and to reduce survivor-survivor toxicity) when getting an item.
But I am of little faith after seeing the clip from the Q&A about the new Pyramid Head stealth perk. Why is he in charge of balance, I ask myself.