Sound has ruined killer gameplay
As a killer main, I'm not playing dbd anymore until the sound bugs are fixed. of the 5-6 games I played today alone, I never once heard a survivor make footsteps, breathing noises, or grunts of pain (without iron will). They also were making no sounds when falling or performing a fast action. This led to me losing survivors (especially on hard - to - track maps such as Yamaoka estate) at least 3x as much as I normally do, and it's incredibly frustrating to play.
It seems inexcusable to me that this was allowed to pass testing to go live for the sake of pushing out new content. It also seems inexcusable that such a game breaking set of bugs have been allowed to remain in the game for a better part of the week. As someone who has spent a lot of time in PvP titles from many developers for the better part of 15 years, I can confidently say that BHVR has been the most disappointing team in regards to addressing issues in their game. It is very sad for me to say this as I think DBD is the most unique and interesting PvP game I have ever played, which is what makes it my favorite.
Despite this, however, it is simply unprofessional and bad business for a developer studio to be this sluggish in their response to game-breaking bugs. New content shouldn't be pushed to live when it breaks the game. Bugs, when discovered, should be hotfixed in a reasonable time frame according to their severity. (Since this round of sound bugs have been the worst I've ever experienced, and has cause me to lose many kills that otherwise would have been sure-- I'd say severity is high). I am also not alone on this, as everyone I talk to who plays killer have expressed their frustration.
Bear in mind that I am not asking for anything that is unreasonable for the game studio with BHVR's resources. I am not asking for total balance, a flawless game without any bugs, or for servers to act without latency. Simply address relevant problems in a timely manner, like any other PvP game studio's live balance team in existence. It is incredible how many core aspects of the game break and STAY broken for months at a time. For examples, I can site audio occlusion on generators (not being able to hear the repair progress of a generator unless having clear line of sight to it even when near enough to hear it) and grabs not functioning on dedicated servers as issues that have not even be addressed by the developers and have been non-functional for almost a year now. This new round of game breaking sound bugs which have now been live for almost a week with no response just shows that nothing positive has changed at BHVR. To be this far removed from the playbase is a worrying trend that has led to many games' downfall throughout the years. I love DBD and I hope this changes in the future. Please bear in mind I mean no disrespect to the developers, as without them we wouldn't have the game we feel so passionately about. I am simply a worried player that feels unheard.
Thanks for reading.
Comments
i had to quit playing and I wont play killer until they fix this, Its so hard to track survivors without sound. Im color blind and tracking blood is just as hard. i dont have one of my key senses to play the game, I lose survivors who know what they are doing to easily. its ridicoulus how they treat killer issues like this. Survivor at the other hand right now is a complete joy to play, its soo easy to sneak arround killers, happened multiple times where the killer walks right past me without knowing im there because he cant hear me.