I'm having an issue with the disconnect penalty. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I'll attempt to explain this the best I can.

I returned to dead by daylight recently, just before the silent hill chapter release. Occasionally when I play the match will end mid game. I'll check the score board and see the killer left. But when I return to the menu I have a disconnect penalty.

I also messaged other survivors in the same match if they received a penalty but they didn't. They were actually still in the same match that just ended for me.

For them, it shows I left. But I didn't, and now I have a disconnect penalty. But for me it shows the killer disconnected.

I have the screenshot to back it up if neccessary. Unfortunately none of the survivors from that game screenshotted the scoreboard so I can't show theirs.

I'm just trying to play the game. If anyone has any ideas or even telling me it's a known issue would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

  • Not 100% but I think it has been a bug for a while. I've encountered it myself where the killer seemed to have DC'd, and when I messaged the other survivors, only 2 of us got the same results screen, the other 2 were still in the match.

  • Do you happen to play on wifi? This game reaaallly doesn't like unstable connections.

    For the slightest bumb it can throw you out it seems

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Do you happen to play on wifi? This game reaaallly doesn't like unstable connections.

    For the slightest bumb it can throw you out it seems

    Yep I do, wireless on xbox one.

    Wasn't a huge deal when it was just 15 or so minutes but now it's up to 24 hours. Seems to happen at least once a day which is enough to stop me from playing for a while. The timer never seems to go down either.

    Thanks for the heads up. Never really had this problem before but it happens every day now.