Predicting Cage of Attonement

Is it just me, or do a lot of survivors know EXACTLY where Cages of Atonement are going to spawn? So I know that when survivors are sent to cages, they are very often far across the map from your current location (and thus survivors can stay far away in case a cage is used instead of a hook) but I swear that I keep playing these matches where survivors KNOW where the cages are going to spawn. Anyone else experiencing this? Any survivor mains wanna let me in on the secret?

Comments

    1. See where downed Survivor's Aura is
    2. See which corner of map is the furthest from said aura
    3. Walk over to said corner
    4. Congratulations your friend drove over in their floating rectangle for a visit
  • @Golden_spider said:

    1. See where downed Survivor's Aura is
    2. See which corner of map is the furthest from said aura
    3. Walk over to said corner
    4. Congratulations your friend drove over in their floating rectangle for a visit

    Pretty much this. I vs'd a PH and was pretty much oppisite him on the map and as they caged, behind me appears a survivor. I was working on a Gen at the time, but it's insanely easy to rescue someone if you watch where he send them from which is a giant weakness for him.

  • On one hand, PH has an advantage by caging survivors in that he doesn't have to spend time carrying them to a hook or dealing with body blockers while attempting said hook. On the other hand, it sends the survivor as far away from him as possible, giving him little to no chance to defend against the cage rescue. Overall, its a decent trade off, and speeds the game up significantly in comparison to other killers.

  • As others have said, its not hard to predict at all. If I see my tormented teammate go down across the map, i'll usually immediately run straight to where I believe the cage will spawn. I do this mainly to give my teammate the most time to heal or get away against a PH who wants to run straight to the cage and tunnel them.

  • Survivors adapt, they have to, it would feel more weird if they didn’t start insta saving at this point.

  • Thank you for all of the pointers, everyone!! I hadn't thought of some of the things that you guys have said. I appreciate it! :D