Pyramid Head add-on review

After playing with him for quite a while I have found that his add-ons are a bit lackluster, not legion, demogorgon or deathslinger tier of bad, but they could definitely be better.

His best add-ons are definitely range, they are not only fun, they can give you the edge on many situations where you otherwise would not have reached that survivor, that extra meter is really helpful.

Recharge time is also pretty good, it allows you to use your power more consistently.

I thought power duration would be good as well, but checking the wiki... 2 seconds for a rare add-on? really? Maybe in conjunction with recharge it would be decent, but still.

duration for rites of judgement trails is okay I guess, although, I am not really sure if they make that big of an impact in the game considering his trails just get erased after reaching certain limit.

The killer instinct add-ons are borderline useless IMO, the fact that one of them is purple rarity is really disappointing, I really don't need 1.5 extra seconds of the effect, the current 3 seconds are more than enough to know that survivors just touched my trails. The killer instinct add-ons could easily be replaced by reduced rites of judgement cool down

The other 3 purple ones are somewhat fun

lost memories book is especially entertaining, it applies oblivious for 15 seconds which may not seem much specially mid chase, but in practice it can turn out to be magnific, my strategy with it was to hit a survivor with rites of judgement, pretend to leave them, and then come back to down them still oblivious.

Rust coloured egg applies blindness which on itself is a pretty mediocre effect specially for an attack which such a hefty cooldown

Same for crimson ceremony book, applies haemorrhage, another mediocre status effect, it could potentially be way better if it applied mangled as well.

Now, for his ultra rares

Obsidian goblet is... weird. I mean, you could make some good mind games especially on indoor maps, but to me it just encourages you to play insidious bubba: Silent Hill edition

Iridescent seal of Metatron is fun, I tried it twice, but sadly it's not that good and does not fit PHs optimal playstyle. You see, using his cages all the time is actually really detrimental because you are losing pressure you would have otherwise gained if you hooked a survivor normally. So what this add-on is encouraging you to do is to torment as many survivors as possible and then cage one of them so you can see their auras which makes it somewhat situational if you don't want to lose pressure in that moment.

Comments