So we will NOT hear the PTB Pyramid Head chase music again?
Not gonna lie, during PTB it sounded MUCH better and more unique. Now it's Doc's chase music 2.0.
Not gonna lie, during PTB it sounded MUCH better and more unique. Now it's Doc's chase music 2.0.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Tfw missed potential for SH2 Pyramid Head chase music remixed for DBD. Maybe with a bit of inspiration from "My Heaven" from SH1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXsbCg2y76cAlso, no white noise, or knife scraping as a part of his Terror Radius. Good job on the DLC BHVR... But come on, man. Could've been so cool.
I heard Akira Yamaoka actually made the music for this DLC, which is interesting because I don't really hear it? I don't want to discredit the man himself, but I was hoping for it to sound a bit more like something from SH than Doctors music like you said. Nailed the concept of a dirty industrial track... But I guess I was expecting something more experimental. More metal banging, mechanical pulsating, haunting echoes, etc.
He only helped composing the menu theme. That's why we have this new awful chase music now.
Ah that explains it. It's not the worst thing ever, I just think there was a lot of wasted potential. Nowhere near my favorite chase music.
Don't be sad that it's gone, be happy for the time you had.
I mean, my experience in a nutshell with the chase music:
PTB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDgQdr8ZkTwLive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHEe653pxxYYeah, sure, thanks letting us listen to the PTB version. Good times.
I actually like the chase music. Both of them are still very different to any other, and I quite like the ambient music we have now.
Oh. Well, I like them both. I can see why you would want one over the other, but I am not fussed, tbh.
They do need to start changing up the chase and killer radius sounds more, a lot of them sound alike at the start of a match.
I guess you're gonna have a bad time.
Best solution I can think of is simply randomizing the TR/chase music every time it is played.
IIRC this happens with killers with the default "Generic" chase/TR themes. (Wraith, Trapper, Billy, Ghostface, Leatherface, Hag, Plague etc.)
Every time you get near them or start a chase, the track that plays is usually different. (Although I think there's a different TR/chase that plays specifically as survivor when you're injured but I'm not 100% on that.)
Simply have it so sometimes the older PTB version plays, and other times the new live version plays.