PS4 users.. a question

Did someone knows why each time we start the game the console sounds like an old vacuum ?

Because i dont. I just feel like she's dying inside for my entertainment.

Comments

  • you need to clean your fan which is really easy to do. my console is quiet when i play dbd after i cleaned out 5 years worth of dust off the fan.

    its really easy to access the fan look it up.

  • Open her up

    She's dusty

    Clean her insides and she'll go from jetliner to kitten purr


    The game is really rough because of the way its programmed. You'll usually only see that on older ps4s and higher render games.

    But I do really understand

  • imageproxy.jpeg

    Don't go crazy just pop the shell off and dust what you can

    Top plate sides off hard drive slides out dust

    few screws in the bottom, few in the back. Pop the top shell off.

    Gently lift the top shell. You should be able to blow out the fan and a few other parts and just pop it back.

    Don't be scared its not that hard

    Really no need to replace thermal paste or resodder the motherboard or anything silly.

    @Venzhas said:

    Did someone knows why each time we start the game the console sounds like an old vacuum ?

    Because i dont. I just feel like she's dying inside for my entertainment.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WVzWK3H3iN4

    Use this video STOP right after he removes the power supply. Theres no need to unplug anything just flip lift it gently out, clean under it and then lay it right back down in

  • Wow thanks for the answers, i never though about this ... i should give a try

  • Me too. I cleaned the ######### out of my PS4 a few months ago. Flushed out the heatsink, replaced thermal paste etc., etc. My system is loud again though:/ and i think DBD is partly to blame. I can play graphically demanding games like Witcher 3 and it doesn't get as loud from what i can tell. With DBD it's noticeable.

  • Cleaning the system can help and is something you should do anyway but it's just a DBD thing. DBD is the only game I have that makes my PS4 take off to space but it's normally only when I start it. It calms down pretty quick after a little bit and it doesn't help I have an older PS4. Newer ones would handle it much better I assume.