Just how is PH "meant" to be played?

Im having a doozy figuring it out. Some people are face rolling with him, but I am not. To clarify, i like to figure out how a killer plays before adding perks to them, so i will play perkless for a while until i get the hang of it. However PH kind of boggles me ... Im getting plenty of torments, some wall snipes, but no real downs. I mean, im not getting ANY hooks or Cages. Maybe Im just running into suvivor groups who greatly outmatch me in skill ... But still, I have played Spirit, Wraith, and Hag ... Never had this much of an issue. How are some of you more experienced killers handling his base kit?

Comments

  • @Onionthing said:

    Im having a doozy figuring it out. Some people are face rolling with him, but I am not. To clarify, i like to figure out how a killer plays before adding perks to them, so i will play perkless for a while until i get the hang of it. However PH kind of boggles me ... Im getting plenty of torments, some wall snipes, but no real downs. I mean, im not getting ANY hooks or Cages. Maybe Im just running into suvivor groups who greatly outmatch me in skill ... But still, I have played Spirit, Wraith, and Hag ... Never had this much of an issue. How are some of you more experienced killers handling his base kit?

    While i normally perform really good at red ranks, i dont really get the hang to PH yet. But i love him and i will keep practicing.

  • Don't rely too much on his range attack, it's very unreliable. Use it as a bait to M1 them.

    However.. i think it only works when he's new.. after months, i predict he'll just be a M1 killer.

  • Is it me or does his M1 have above average range?

  • @OmegaXII said:

    Don't rely too much on his range attack, it's very unreliable. Use it as a bait to M1 them.

    However.. i think it only works when he's new.. after months, i predict he'll just be a M1 killer.

    Yeah I was really excited for a new ranged killer but he's looking very much like an m1 killer in most situations.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1357515#Comment_1357515

    Yeah I was really excited for a new ranged killer but he's looking very much like an m1 killer in most situations.

    I very much agree with this. His "counterplay" is the same with every other m1 killer: run in straight line

  • @Onionthing said:

    Is it me or does his M1 have above average range?

    All M1s have the same range. The animations are what make them feel like they are longer or shorter.