Cages hurt Pyramidhead more than they are helpful
is it a bug that all the hookpekrs dont work on the cages? you cant use pop, make your choice, bbq, lullaby and so on, which makes absolut no sense to use the cages because some of these perks are really good.
next downside is, that the cages seem to allways spawn rly far away from the killer, which can give the survivors a fast rescue. i got a game today where the cage spawned right next to an open door, so it was an instan rescue + escape because i was on the other side of the map.
yes it counters ds and maybe a palet/flashlight safe, but i dont think its worth to skip the good perks
Comments
I totally agree.
On a side note, have you seen the boring death animation if a survivor dies in a cage?
It seems you have no idea how much more it counter than just DS. It is far away on purpose so u dont camp it - otherwise ds would work. The idea is to hook someone real fast countering any potential of not getting to a hook, saving time, not getting DS-ed, not getting body blocked
The thing about cages is that they're not hooks. The in-game text even states that perks that are affected by the hooks don't work.
Torment is best used to kill survivors on their last hook and not worry about carrying. The cage mechanic should only be used if a survivor was downed in the exit gate or if there are only two survivors left and you don't want to slug one to chase the other.
I'm honestly curious what kind of design thoughts went into the cages. Their animations are pitiful, but I'm sure the conversations leading up to their implementation were interesting.
I actually find it quite funny when I'm doing a gen on the opposite side of the map the survivor was downed and they appear in the room beside me, once in the same room when I was cleansing a totem.
I have not played ph yet but I'm guessing I won't find it as funny when I do.
Sometimes it's an insta rescue (wich happen at hooks too btw) and sometimes it takes ages for someone to come. Since Kindred doesn't work, some people just stay where they are because they are "on the other end of the map and have better things (opening a box) to do". I was even one-caged sometimes because no one decided to come.
It really depends on your mates and the map.
And I also had PHs who went directly for the cage to camp it since no BT or DS works.