Do you think Game companies should keep out of real life events?

I've seen a lot of polls and surveys showing that the public really don't like it when companies take a stance on real life issues.

I used to think "yeah sure they can if they want" but now I'm in the position where it just seems unnecessary and likely divisive towards people who have a valid reason for disagreeing even the slightest amount.

But what do you think?

Comments

  • If they want to then go ahead, it gets them free PR and a platform. As long as it's not obviously just to exploit the situation then it's fine.

  • If the company says nothing, people will take that as a stance.

    If the company says something, people will criticize every single word.

    If the company tries to play the "neutral" card, people will call them cowards/spineless.

    Basically they cannot win because everyone expects something different from them. On top of that a company cannot speak for its employees (from Dave the janitor to Bill the CEO) and the distrust in major companies (all the lies often sold to us) places a target on anything they do.

    So......I don't care what they do.