Noob Killer - Matchmaking fails

Hello to you reader,


I have recently started playing this game with some friends. I must confess to be quite inexperienced still.


I would like to report that right now, after playing killer for a few nights in hope to get the gist of it (after learning a bit of the survivor gameplay with some friends prior), it would appear that the matchmaker is totally broke / borked on me.


From my personal experience, matches are taking more than 3-5 min to be found on the low end, I've seen up to 10 minutes. And somehow, even just 1-2 days after rank reset ... the game seems to think that I am good enough to go up against min/maxed survivor builds even with my very minimal amounts of items, perks and experience.


Every match so far had at minimum, a mix of purple / green colored player against me, a low-end 20-16 killer. I find the games very unfun as the survivors complete the gens really fast and I still do not have decent perks like they do, heck, I am not even all that good at chasing yet...


Those games have been very one sided and I fail to understand how in the world the matchmaker thinks that pairing me with some very good red player in my most recent match was a good idea!


(The game prior mentioned wasn't toxic, I'd like to mention, but we did have a disco on the survivor's end that ruined their chances.)


so I am taking some of my time to report this experience in this forum hoping that it will help make the game better in the future.


thanks for reading, best day to you all.

Untitled.png


Comments

  • @Spectralfx said:

    Hello to you reader,

    I have recently started playing this game with some friends. I must confess to be quite inexperienced still.

    I would like to report that right now, after playing killer for a few nights in hope to get the gist of it (after learning a bit of the survivor gameplay with some friends prior), it would appear that the matchmaker is totally broke / borked on me.

    From my personal experience, matches are taking more than 3-5 min to be found on the low end, I've seen up to 10 minutes. And somehow, even just 1-2 days after rank reset ... the game seems to think that I am good enough to go up against min/maxed survivor builds even with my very minimal amounts of items, perks and experience.

    Every match so far had at minimum, a mix of purple / green colored player against me, a low-end 20-16 killer. I find the games very unfun as the survivors complete the gens really fast and I still do not have decent perks like they do, heck, I am not even all that good at chasing yet...

    Those games have been very one sided and I fail to understand how in the world the matchmaker thinks that pairing me with some very good red player in my most recent match was a good idea!

    (The game prior mentioned wasn't toxic, I'd like to mention, but we did have a disco on the survivor's end that ruined their chances.)

    so I am taking some of my time to report this experience in this forum hoping that it will help make the game better in the future.

    thanks for reading, best day to you all.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MXF8T14QJ3SJ/untitled.png

    A brown killer who play against red rank and purple rank survivor is normal the game dont have enough killer player because of that and killer are weak and are heavily punish when they make a mistake so people stay away from them the best thing i can say to you is get used to get dominate in the beguining and forget about fair match until you find a killer you like with the perk you need but this can take a lot of time

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/161255/noob-killer-matchmaking-fails

    A brown killer who play against red rank and purple rank survivor is normal the game dont have enough killer player because of that and killer are weak and are heavily punish when they make a mistake so people stay away from them the best thing i can say to you is get used to get dominate in the beguining and forget about fair match until you find a killer you like with the perk you need but this can take a lot of time

    You say the game don't have enough killers?


    Then why the very long queues?


    I hate to say that it seems very unlikely that what you say is true.


    No offense, but I still sincerely believe this to be a matchmaking issue. I barely had any queue time when playing survivor.

  • @Spectralfx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1355248#Comment_1355248

    You say the game don't have enough killers?

    Then why the very long queues?

    I hate to say that it seems very unlikely that what you say is true.

    No offense, but I still sincerely believe this to be a matchmaking issue. I barely had any queue time when playing survivor.

    Your lucky because for me queue time as a killer 10 sec on a bad day i can wait 1 minute when i play survivor 10 minute is a good day on a bad i can watch an entire episode of friend on netflix it may be because of the rank im in because the game is out for a long time now so new brown and yellow rank player are rare this can be possible but its truw matchmaking is broken i see a lot of rank 15 playing against a team full of rank 1 but this happen because the game dont have enough killer and we have a surplus on the survivor side but be careful the wait time change depend on the time you play where i live if i play during the morning the wait time are really fast but in the evening i can wait 30 minute and that a long time

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1355279#Comment_1355279

    Your lucky because for me queue time as a killer 10 sec on a bad day i can wait 1 minute when i play survivor 10 minute is a good day on a bad i can watch an entire episode of friend on netflix it may be because of the rank im in because the game is out for a long time now so new brown and yellow rank player are rare this can be possible but its truw matchmaking is broken i see a lot of rank 15 playing against a team full of rank 1 but this happen because the game dont have enough killer and we have a surplus on the survivor side but be careful the wait time change depend on the time you play where i live if i play during the morning the wait time are really fast but in the evening i can wait 30 minute and that a long time

    What do you base your idea of the lack of killer on?


    Perhaps there would be a lack of high rank killers only?


    Maybe this could be explained by the fact that the game is so much harder as a killer?


    I mean, I doubt there is a lack of low rank killers, that's very unlikely... my match maker as brown survivor attests of that.