Can we get official news on PS5 and Xbox Series X?

Most of the big developers and even some small ones have announced plans for existing PS4 titles to transition over to PS5 and Xbox Series X later this holiday season or early 2021. Many have even outlined what we can expect to change. Such as introducing 4K at 60FPS, enhanced HDR, etc.

I'm sure by now the team has an official position on the next generation of consoles. When can you share it? Is it going to be tied to the graphical update? Which looks amazing! I'm disappointed that we still don't know anything and so many other games have already posted official information.

Comments

  • If they didn't announce it at the anniversary event then I doubt they will anytime soon. I wouldn't expect any news until fall or even winter.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    If they didn't announce it at the anniversary event then I doubt they will anytime soon. I wouldn't expect any news until fall or even winter.

    Normally you would be right but I think Studios were precluded from any announcements until after the official Sony reveal. One developer stated they've been working on enhancing titles for PS5 for over a year and they can finally reveal those details today. I hope they're working on the new consoles. Even if they just said yes we're doing it and it will happen that would be good.

  • They mentioned the graphics upgrade to keep up with next gen consoles if I remember correctly. I cant imagine this game not working on next gen

  • I just wish they'd fix survivors levitating next to the hook, as opposed to them actually being impaled by the damn thing.

  • I can see DBD being like GTA V in the future and release an enhanced version of DBD for newer consoles with better graphics and better fps. Of course it would be crossplay too so you can play with older consoles or if you don’t wanna buy the game again you can still play with new consoles.

  • I expect they'll announce it at the same time that they have a timeline for cross-saves, which they've said they're working on. Would probably be a good time to announce along with a timeline for the graphics update as well, since this game still has roughly PS3 quality graphics in 2020.