Pyramid Buff? (Spotlight)

If you notice in the spotlight trailer there isn’t an orange outline whenever PH uses his special attack for either sides. Is this intentional or just made for the trailer?

Trailer:

E42507A7-42A1-44A0-9C78-34D6FA65FC1B.gif

PTB:

30762BCF-33E1-40BA-9088-370C64E6F207.gif


Comments

  • It's possible that they buffed PH by removing it? The scratch marks are still there in the Spotlight, so the fact that the big telegraph line isn't is certainly curious.

  • If you pay attention you will notice that there's also no hud as well.

    Do a 1+1.

  • @BigBubs said:

    If you pay attention you will notice that there's also no hud as well.

    Do a 1+1.

    I wouldn't call the line thing part of the HUD, as it's something that physically shows up on the map like scratch marks, right?

  • I just think this whole spotlight was done earlier than the ptb. It also says tot causes oblivious not broken which is old.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342254#Comment_1342254

    I wouldn't call the line thing part of the HUD, as it's something that physically shows up on the map like scratch marks, right?

    I never said it was.

    It doesn't have to be part of the hud to be removed from a trailer.

  • @BigBubs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1342263#Comment_1342263

    I never said it was.

    It doesn't have to be part of the hud to be removed from a trailer.

    Right, but then why does the HUD being removed mean that the big line was removed from the trailer as well? I'm not saying this is for sure a sign that PH was buffed, but this doesn't strike me as a scenario where "If A is true, then B must be true".

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    I just think this whole spotlight was done earlier than the ptb. It also says tot causes oblivious not broken which is old.

    Yea the captions in the video are different than the voice too

  • It's always possible. Comes out pretty dang soon, so I guess we'll find out. The oblivious thing was more likely an error in the narrator's script, so I doubt that's evident of anything to do with in-game changes.

    If it's anything like the IGN gameplay, it might be a funky build, too. Seeing as how it's a licensed chapter, it's totally possible they had to make this a while ago to make sure it would get the OK from Konami in time for release.

    I sure hope that change was made, though. It's pretty easy to dodge so far.