If we can get licenses from other games, why can't we get licenses from books?
Behaviour surprised a lot of people with the Silent Hill chapter, as we haven't got a licensed chapter from a video game. Part of me thinks they will surprise us again with a license from a book. I can see them adapting some chapters from books like, the dark tower, doctor sleep, salem's lot, and insomnia. I feel like the developers can get the inspirations for the looks and cosmetics for the characters, from a piece of art to go with the book, or their own interpretation. Do you think it can happen?
Comments
Bill: "am I a joke to you? *cough*"
Ah, I forgot. But Bill was a solo chapter, like Bubba, many people didn't think we would get a survivor and killer chapter adapted from a game.
I know this was partly a joke, but Bill wasn't a chapter, he was a paragraph. I think what OP meant was why can't we see a full chapter (killer, survivor and map) that comes from a book.
Please don't do the r/woosh thing on me 😥 it hurts my feelings.
It definitively can happen. Licences can come from all forms of media. So audio plays, theatre, music, literature are all possible, if they fit thematicly in the game. The only thing speaking against it is that from a marketing perspective those licences will probably have less mindshare compared to more "mainstream" popculture heavy media like movies, television series or video games. And it's harder to recognize something which is not well known in a visual way in a video game, so it's just less likely to happen, because of that.
You have a point, but in my opinion, silent hill wasn't as mainstream as other horror games like resident evil, until dawn, or the last of us. So I think BHVR can do something not very mainstream.