[Story thread] Five DH tokens and a 3k (hatch) even though everyone saw my lit totem
This is actually incredible and I didn't expect it to go my way at all as soon as I saw the totem spawn. My perks were DH, NOED, MYC, and PGTW. I was playing Oni.
It was in the Wretched Shop. The DH totem spawned next to the garage, next to a couple of thin trees (meaning it was blatantly exposed from one side and mostly exposed from the other). I thought "Yet another trial where DH serves to give survivors extra BP and I have to play with two perks the entire trial".
I found the first survivor after a somewhat prolonged search, and although downing him was easier than the search, he ran straight past the DH totem and the only hook I could reach was, you guessed it, right there. By that point I'd already given up hope of using my DH, so I wasn't even trying.
A little while later someone unhooks, I get a DH token and MYC activates. I go back to chase the unhooker and find a David already working on the totem. After I "convince" him to leave it alone and introduce him to the concept of meat hooks, I find a Claudette and down her fairly quickly. I hook her near the totem as well while David gets unhooked.
At this point I figure they'll destroy the totem before going for the unhook nearby. It's what I would've done, since one takes 2 seconds and the other takes 14. Much to my surprise, they go with their initial plan: unhook first, totem later (or never). Again, I find someone working on my totem, chase them off, but this time I can't find the unhooker, so I go for the unhooked. She DCs.
I find a Meg, down, and hook her. I was chasing a David at the time Meg got unhooked and got him at a pallet. I hook him nearby and immediately go back to my totem. Nobody's there. Seems they gave up on trying to destroy it.
One more hook, this time it's a kill (I'm actually not sure how, maybe she gave up or something). I spot Claudette off in the distance going to unhook David. This will be token #5, but there's no way in hell she's going to unhook him when she knows I have DH, right? Wrong (or this thread probably wouldn't be posted).
I go after David, down him near a pallet, but I decide to move him to an open area so I can properly appreciate the Mori. Claudette is long gone anyway and I don't feel like slugging. After ramming my fist down his throat and smacking him in the face with my big Kanabo, I run back to my totem (it's a reflex at this point). Nobody there. I stay on one side of the map to give Claudette the hatch and GG.
David called me an English slang for homosexual (he'd played against me before wherein I sent him a friend request to politely ask him not to wiggle since everyone else was dead and I didn't want to have to slug him - he took offense to my sending him a friend request to ask him that, said I had "issues"). I took great offense to this because I'm bisexual.
Disclaimer: Some story elements may be switched around because I forgot the exact hooking and unhooking sequence, but the overall theme is correct: everyone saw my totem, nobody thought to cleanse it before going to unhook, I got 5 tokens.
Comments
Wow dh? Everyone knows noed is the best perk in the meta rn (sarcasm i always play dh over noed personally lol).
Why not both? It's hilarious when survivors destroy your NOED only to remember that you're an insta-down killer anyway and that didn't do #########.
Actually how does that work if noed and dh are active does it warn them noed is active? Or after they destroy dh would it reveal noed?
It should show them on the first down after the generators are done, regardless of DH active or not. However if they cleanse one of them, they will have no telltale which one they cleansed, until they can pay close attention to speedboost of NOED.
I've no idea. I've never seen killers do what I do, but I have hit a survivor with NOED, MYC, and Rancor simultaneously. Pretty sure that uninstalls the game.EDIT: See comment below.
Based on my latest trial, I believe you're right. I had DH active throughout the trial, but it was destroyed during the EGC. They felt confident enough to teabag at the gate and one of them even came to a pallet I was near. She got hit with NOED. There's no way she would've done that if she knew she was exposed.