Are lincensed killers,survivors ever gonna be obtainable like non licensed ones?

Just a question if this ever gonna happen because the game already makes a lot of money from cosmetics and battle pass,like from an event or for a limited time to be able to purchase them with iri shards?

Comments

  • No because they are licensed. The owner of the character I assume would want profit from letting BHVR use their character, so they wouldn’t want their character to be earned with irridescent shards

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    No because they are licensed. The owner of the character I assume would want profit from letting BHVR use their character, so they wouldn’t want their character to be earned with irridescent shards

    ^

    I do agree with OP though, it sucks that most of the good perks are locked behind a paywall. Maybe a shrine rework can fix that but I doubt it will happen any time soon.

  • @Dzeikor said:

    Just a question if this ever gonna happen because the game already makes a lot of money from cosmetics and battle pass,like from an event or for a limited time to be able to purchase them with iri shards?

    @Lazerboy88 said:

    No because they are licensed. The owner of the character I assume would want profit from letting BHVR use their character, so they wouldn’t want their character to be earned with irridescent shards

    I'm guessing this. Part of the deal with the license holders is likely that they make a percentage profits from each sale of the character (probably skins too). This would mean that they wouldn't get that profit, or BHVR would have to pay out of pocket to the license holder for people buying them with shards.

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    No because they are licensed. The owner of the character I assume would want profit from letting BHVR use their character, so they wouldn’t want their character to be earned with irridescent shards

    that kinda sucks,bhvr could just make licensed survivors and killer perks really op and pretty much force everyone to spend money on dlcs

  • @Dzeikor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338488#Comment_1338488

    that kinda sucks,bhvr could just make licensed survivors and killer perks really op and pretty much force everyone to spend money on dlcs

    We kinda already have DS and BBQ, both are highly valuable and licensed..

    Perks that are even more OP will be reworked or nerfed accordingly so that you don’t ever NEED them (looking at MoM)

  • @Dzeikor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1338488#Comment_1338488

    that kinda sucks,bhvr could just make licensed survivors and killer perks really op and pretty much force everyone to spend money on dlcs

    You mean like the upcoming DLC?