Rank does matter, lets argue

Ok, I've seen a lot of people saying rank means nothing, but in my experience, yellow and grey ranks are usually noobs, not everyone, I get it some people de rank to troll or just cause they stopped playing for a whyle, but MOST of those rank colors are done for if they face me...

Now, green ranks are average, purple ranks are usually nice and good players who know what they're doing, and red ranks are usually people who think they are so experienced they are toxic or show off their skills to the other role.

Please notice I'M GENERALIZING based on experience and what MOSTLY happens, this is not a rule, there are exceptions, I'm a rank 1 killer who will never camp or tunnel but will obliterate a 4 men SWF, I'm also a rank 1 survivor who escapes 7/10 games (I like playing hero even when I shouldn't and that's why I don't escape more) and can loop the killer for 2+ gens regardless of rank but will never teabag you unless you teabagged me as GF.


Question: If you are one of the people who think "rank means nothing", ask yourself "have I ever complained about a 4 men RED RANKS SWF?", cause if you have, notice I just wrote "RED RANKS" inside of the question.

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • From my experience as killer and survivor, rank definitely gives a rough indication of skill. That doesn't mean that every red rank survivor is very good, because you can definitely get there with enough patience (i'm the best example lol). But stating that many red ranks are on par with green ranks is not true. Being a good survivor doesn't necessarily mean you're a god-like looper, you can also just be very good at decision making and escape because of that. Red ranks play more optimal than purples, they don't self care if not necessary, they don't 3-gen themselves as often, they don't do unsafe unhooks as often, they generally don't waste as much time. As i said, not every red rank survivor, but the tendency goes into this direction when you play against red ranks.

    I'm currently floating between rank 4-5 as killer. If gens are flying and the game is over before i had the chance to snowball, it's usually all red ranks. When i 4k at 3 gens it's usually mixed with greens/yellows in it or the majority is purple. Of course there are those matches where you look at the scoreboard and wonder "oh lord they were all red ranks?" but most of the time i can predict their ranks pretty good, at least the color. I never got "outplayed" by purple and green rank squads in the way that i still get "outplayed" by red rank squads sometimes even tho i'm a red rank killer myself (i barely play against full purple squads tho).

    For killer ranks, i have to say it feels more random, but the direction is the same. Sometimes they're rank 9 and owning me (rank 2) and my red rank swf. But i generally don't feel much difference between green and purple rank killers. It feels like if it comes down to them having a good start, good RNG, good map, us making several mistakes. If i play against a killer rank 1-3 (rare occasion), you defintely feel a difference at loops, they mindgame and predict much better instead of just "force" through the chase, in addition they drop chases earlier to pressure the gens.

1 2 ›