Having 1 perk vs killers/vivors w/ 4 perks makes game uninviting for new players

I know matchmaking is hopefully going to be changed soon, but it can't come fast enough. I've just started and as killer I'm going against people in green/purple ranks and sometimes red who have 4 rank 3 perks while im stuck with 1 perk. I have low-quality addons and bad offerings while they have good items and good offerings that allow them to get even more bloodpoints in a game they an easily win and keep their items.

Then I play as survivor and have 1 or 2 perks while everyone else on my team has 4 rank-3 perks and the killer also has 4 rank-3 perks. If I use an item, it's lost because I die, and my low-rank items aren't that useful anyway.

Why is this game so punishing and uninviting to new players? Is there some point where I start having reliably fair matches that I can feel comfortable using some of my better items and offerings?

I've actually had a lot of really fun matches but it's when everyone else is a low level like me and we're actually playing the game, instead of everyone else playing a metagame im not capable of playing as a new player. Hopefully the matchmaking change that's coming will result in more matches where I feel like I actually have a chance, instead of being outright bullied as a newbie killer or tunneled as a newbie survivor.

Comments