This picture describes a killer's WORST nightmare and shows what's WRONG with the game

dbd1.jpg

3 people sitting on different gens is insanely OP and almost impossible to stop. They all had sprint burst, gens were far apart, my frenzy can't reach all of them and they got the last 2 gens done no matter what I did.

If I chase one of them, the other 2 can do the gens, get the adrenaline and rescue the teammate easily.

Multiple people on gens isn't the problem, it's survivors splitting up and pressuring gens. You can split into 3 or 4 and stop all of them, its just crazy.

Comments

  • LuL

    jUsT pReSsUrE tHe GeNs

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333445#Comment_1333445

    I don't think pipping is arbitrary at all. You want a decent score. 20k is pretty good for a Survivor. 32k is a perfect game. When you end a match and everyone is below 15k, it doesn't feel like it was a good match, this is why no one likes Mori matches, because the score at the end is garbage, half the time the Killer gets like 15k while everyone else gets sub-10. In the same essence, gen rushing never feels like a good match was played. When gens start getting done too quickly I personally start doing secondary objectives or I try to find a chest or the Killer, see what's going on.

    Honestly anyone who is trying to rush through the game doesn't understand how the system works, and are simply trying to "win." It's not about winning, it's never about winning. You ideally want to escape, but if you had a good match the points will reflect that, and you don't need to escape in order to have a near-perfect game. I've had 30k games and been death-hooked. I knew I had a good game but I never thought "oh man I lost! ugh what a garbage match."

    The unfortunate reality that has been instilled upon us as the gaming community is that everything is win or lose, there's no in between. This is why League players call each other trash. This is why friendships are lost when friggin' Mario Party games turn sideways. We're so obsessed with this idea of "winning" that we don't have fun in the process. Dead by Daylight is a lot more fun when you don't put yourself in the mindset of winning. When you don't care if you escape, when you don't even consider an escape a win.

    Pipping means doing a good job in the game. It's not an arbitrary thing, it's a valuable goal to have. It's certainly much better than escaping because you gen rushed and beat the game in 3 minutes. You can't speed run Dead by Daylight.

    I can get a decent "score" as a killer getting run in circles around every pile of trash in the game and play pallet breaking simulator and not getting more than a 1k, if that. Doesn't feel like a good game to me. I suppose it makes sense that survivors also get multiple ways to feel like they did a good job, with the current state of the game design.

  • At first I though they all had object and then I saw someone was just hooked and that you had bbq. There isn’t really anything wrong with this picture. They’re just playing smart and splitting up

  • Man that is a scary image to see.

  • I don't understand, isn't this literally what they're supposed to be doing in the game? I mean bloodpoints aside, which I do not consider any part of the objective of the game - at all - is this not their objective?

    If you want them to be doing something else, don't you need to design a game with different objectives in it?

    Or is your suggestion just to increase gen time-?

  • Your playing legion, and the survivors main objective is gens. Cucked yourself there.

1 2 ›