A question about the servers.

So I was playing for a few hours tonight with constant green ping and then I noticed I was getting game after game of yellow and red ping hovering around 300. I started lobby dodging for a while and noticed I could not get any green ping lobbies anymore. The survivors were always different and it was a constant flood of 240-300 or so ping for me. The few games I played the survivors ping was all over the place ranging from 60-300. Something to note is Plague is very bad in high ping. My puke was going directly through the survivors and not getting them sick. It was actually pretty funny. Two of the groups were trying to be toxic so I figured they might have been VPNing until I noticed I couldn't get green ping games anymore.

So I ended up turning my game off and back on and low and behold I have 50-60 ping again game after game. Is this some kind of server issue or bug where the game thinks I'm located across the country or something? I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue.

I've had floods of yellow ping before but I never really paid much attention to it as I'd usually stop playing after a couple of those matches.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I've seen people report issues before with being connected to servers other than the one they're closest to, which sounds like what you're experiencing. I'm not entirely sure whether the devs are aware of the problem or not, or whether it will be fixed with the new matchmaking system.

    It's been reported a couple of times but not acknowledged yet, so the best I can advise for now is to go and upvote one or both of the threads I've linked below to demonstrate to the developers that more people are having this same problem, and if you want to, comment and share your experience there.

    @Luzbeliten said:

    So around the release of 3.7.0 this issue started occuring at least on PC for me and, as far as I can tell, everyone on the South American region. You're playing with the regular ping (around 60ms for me), and suddenly you enter a lobby and it's 200ms, and most lobbies (if not all) you try to enter will have the same ping.

    This doesn't happen always, it usually seems to start around 8-10 PM GMT and last 2-3 hours maybe. It doesn't happen every day either, it was happening minutes ago when I quit the game to write this, but before today it hadn't happened for 2 or 3 days.

    My guess is we're being redirected to NA servers for whatever reason, at least the ping fits.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    PS4

    For about half a year now I've been randomly matched with Arabic-speaking people every so often, and I don't really know why. It's almost always Arabic (I check their profiles to confirm) and it's always around 260 ping (I'm on the East Coast). It happens even during prime time sometimes. Always as killer. Never any other region. Rank 1.

    Dunno how to reproduce. This time around, my queue times were longer before being matched with 2 high ping servers in a row with little downtime.

    It happens often enough to where I finally felt like making a bug report about it.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I've seen people report issues before with being connected to servers other than the one they're closest to, which sounds like what you're experiencing. I'm not entirely sure whether the devs are aware of the problem or not, or whether it will be fixed with the new matchmaking system.

    It's been reported a couple of times but not acknowledged yet, so the best I can advise for now is to go and upvote one or both of the threads I've linked below to demonstrate to the developers that more people are having this same problem, and if you want to, comment and share your experience there.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151329/high-ping-on-sa-region-pc

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/156497/randomly-matched-with-arabic-speaking-servers

    Hi thanks for your comment. Understood that every killer has same issue. And sorry I did not realize there were a couple of same theme discussion threads have been created before. Hope developers acknowledge again.