So when will there be an obsession every match by default?

I know that decisive isn't an anti tunnel perk but we all know that it definitely deters players from tunnelling. I think we also all know that tunnelling is a play style that the majority of players do not enjoy playing against. So why haven't the devs taken the decision to make the obsession a default mechanic seeing as the absence of an obsession essentially just tells the killer "hey, you can just tunnel all match and the survivors can't do anything about it". I know that this post has been fuelled by a bad couple of matches but I believe that it's a valid complaint, I've been guilty of saying to myself "oh, there's no obsession, I can tunnel if I want to" while I'm playing killer, and I really don't like that I should be able to think that. There should always be an element of risk to actions that can greatly improve your performance in this game, whether it be tunnelling (DS), gen rushing (NOED), or anything else.

Comments

  • Tunneling is mostly player dependent. Even if survivors have DS, some killers will still tunnel. People playing PH, a killer that seemingly discourages and is hurt by tunneling, is still being used to tunnel in vain by some people. Can't change people. Sucks.

  • Tunneling will always be an option, much like camping. But like camping, that doesn't mean it's optimal. If you focus too hard on one survivor, you're basically guaranteeing a loss against at least decent survivors.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    I know that decisive isn't an anti tunnel perk but we all know that it definitely deters players from tunnelling. I think we also all know that tunnelling is a play style that the majority of players do not enjoy playing against. So why haven't the devs taken the decision to make the obsession a default mechanic seeing as the absence of an obsession essentially just tells the killer "hey, you can just tunnel all match and the survivors can't do anything about it". I know that this post has been fuelled by a bad couple of matches but I believe that it's a valid complaint, I've been guilty of saying to myself "oh, there's no obsession, I can tunnel if I want to" while I'm playing killer, and I really don't like that I should be able to think that. There should always be an element of risk to actions that can greatly improve your performance in this game, whether it be tunnelling (DS), gen rushing (NOED), or anything else.

    For me all that would do is make me tunnel more if I see obsession and it’s not my own perk. I will tunnel to remove ds as early as possible cuz during end game that perk can be ridiculous. so you put obsession on a random person they get downed again and I see that I’m gonna hook them and just assume they missed the skill check.