Territorial Imperative needs a buff

It's a pretty useless perk as it stands.

Whilst being in the basement as survivor is somewhat risky (the extra bloodpoints compensate this), survivors rarely venture down those stairs.

It's usually to search the chest or go for a rescue. You will also get the occasional late arrival who will find an empty chest.

I think it's reasonable to have the perk retain it's distance but with no cooldown and have the aura reading changed to 3/4/5,seconds.

Comments

  • Actually, because it's such a situational perk, I would be ok with removing the distance requirement to buff it. Perhaps that and removing the aura time limit (i.e. see their aura for their entire duration in the basement, minus lockers) and cooldown. Or if not all of these ideas, a combination of some.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Actually, because it's such a situational perk, I would be ok with removing the distance requirement to buff it. Perhaps that and removing the aura time limit (i.e. see their aura for their entire duration in the basement, minus lockers) and cooldown. Or if not all of these ideas, a combination of some.

    I did consider the distance requirements. I thought it could cause some camping issues. But saying that, stealth killers can just hide in the actual basement. Some add-ons like Amanda's letter also increase the effect.

    Again it is a situational perk, and even with the full buff without limits, I doubt many killers would equip it. But it would certainly help with some challenges etc.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325473#Comment_1325473

    I did consider the distance requirements. I thought it could cause some camping issues. But saying that, stealth killers can just hide in the actual basement. Some add-ons like Amanda's letter also increase the effect.

    Again it is a situational perk, and even with the full buff without limits, I doubt many killers would equip it. But it would certainly help with some challenges etc.

    Exactly. If a killer is going to camp the basement (stealth or not), they will with or without this perk (in its current or a better state). If it's going to remain conditional on the survivors being in the basement, might as well make it powerful for that one situation.

  • It is a terrible perk that needs a buff!

    Almost every time I've used it, it only activates if I intentionally run as far away as possible. Often times, survivors are so uppity about saving someone from the basement when a killer takes off that I don't make it far enough away for it to activate before the hooked survivor is saved.

    The times I have had it fire, and have tried to use it, I use the cool down to know to run back. The aura could probably be removed if it would allow the perk to not have a distance requirement. But honestly, I think it needs more than that.

    I'd like to see it function like a mini-blood warden for the basement. When someone is saved off the hook in the basement, and the killer is more than 32m away, the basement is sealed shut for the next 15 seconds. Welllll, that might be too strong XD

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    It is a terrible perk that needs a buff!

    Almost every time I've used it, it only activates if I intentionally run as far away as possible. Often times, survivors are so uppity about saving someone from the basement when a killer takes off that I don't make it far enough away for it to activate before the hooked survivor is saved.

    The times I have had it fire, and have tried to use it, I use the cool down to know to run back. The aura could probably be removed if it would allow the perk to not have a distance requirement. But honestly, I think it needs more than that.

    I'd like to see it function like a mini-blood warden for the basement. When someone is saved off the hook in the basement, and the killer is more than 32m away, the basement is sealed shut for the next 15 seconds. Welllll, that might be too strong XD

    Well I think that mini-blood warden is kind of intriguing actually.

    Maybe if they're rescued and don't leave within a certain time, the warden activates (with the killer some distance away). I'm not sure.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    It is a terrible perk that needs a buff!

    Almost every time I've used it, it only activates if I intentionally run as far away as possible. Often times, survivors are so uppity about saving someone from the basement when a killer takes off that I don't make it far enough away for it to activate before the hooked survivor is saved.

    The times I have had it fire, and have tried to use it, I use the cool down to know to run back. The aura could probably be removed if it would allow the perk to not have a distance requirement. But honestly, I think it needs more than that.

    I'd like to see it function like a mini-blood warden for the basement. When someone is saved off the hook in the basement, and the killer is more than 32m away, the basement is sealed shut for the next 15 seconds. Welllll, that might be too strong XD

    Trapping them in the basement is way too OP. The basement is already strongly in the killer's favor.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325552#Comment_1325552

    Well I think that mini-blood warden is kind of intriguing actually.

    Maybe if they're rescued and don't leave within a certain time, the warden activates (with the killer some distance away). I'm not sure.

    Ohhh, yeah! I really like that. It reminds me of those times in horror movies where people wander into somewhere they shouldn't be, and they linger their a bit too long, so they're punished.